UK / Europe basemap on US bought GPS?

Hi

Just caught the bug, now looking for a suitable GPS unit to buy. My research shows that US online prices are roughly half UK prices. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a GPS unit from an online US supplier that will have (or could have) the UK / Europe basemap installed?

Thanks for any help :anibad:

Hi

Just caught the bug, now looking for a suitable GPS unit to buy. My research shows that US online prices are roughly half UK prices. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a GPS unit from an online US supplier that will have (or could have) the UK / Europe basemap installed?

Thanks for any help :anibad:

It not important about the basemaps as you install a European version later.

Your prices are not true - you might save £30 to £50 on a Garmin 60CSx, but risk having no Warranty or Paying Customs Duty!

I live in Australia and buy mine from Canada as the pricing is half to third the price.

The base map is so not important it isn't funny. Most times I find that the basemap is off by up to 50km so is pretty useless in any case. I still have the North American basemap on my unit just cos I am too lazy to delete it.

You can get the correct basemap installed but it is really not worth it. Just buy your detailed maps and install them.

I live in Australia and buy mine from Canada as the pricing is half to third the price.

The base map is so not important it isn't funny. Most times I find that the basemap is off by up to 50km so is pretty useless in any case. I still have the North American basemap on my unit just cos I am too lazy to delete it.

You can get the correct basemap installed but it is really not worth it. Just buy your detailed maps and install them.

if you buy a Colarado you can easily load the correct basemap

the older units it was in the rom the new units its in ram and can be read by usb on pc