Odd problems with my Map60CSx

With the latest firmware I had installed on the Map60CSx, the GPS has started to show improper Dates, and Times upon startup. If the GPS has been off for an hour or more, it is likely to revert back to early 2007, well before it was manufactured, wich was in June, but I had bought it in Sept 2007.

When I turn on the unit, it will show March or April 2007, at about 8pm(20:00). The odd thing of it, is that today at noon, I turned it on, and it said something like march 2007, exactly 20:00, then I shut it off, then back on, then it had a different date, and showed just minutes before 20:00, like 19:57 (7:57pm).

I may have to revert back to the previous firmware version, due to these troubles that are also messing up my Tracklogs.

The problem with the firmware, is that if the date is wrong, like thinking it was back in early 2007 again, the GPS takes forever to get a LOCK on the sats, even if I standstill for a minute, then start driving, it will not find a LOCK, until it corrects the Date, and the Time, then I see the Accuracy count down from hundreds of feet, down to normal Accuracy.

This has been an excellent GPS, until the last update, but has turned quite buggy from the time I last updated it. I reflashed the same latest firmware, and it was ok for awhile, but got buggy again.

Any of you had any problems of this nature?

This is very odd stuff.

By the way, someone in the forums not too long ago had this exact same problem. I don't recall the outcome. Was this an Update to the 3.0 chipset? Others claim to have done so through webupdate even though it is not on the garmin site. I have not been able to get it on webupdate though I keep trying. If this was your update let me know. I'll hold off doing it.

Any of you had any problems of this nature?

This is very odd stuff.

For what it's worth, I just tried it and don't see any problems. I have 3.60/3.00 loaded, which I believe is the most recent software. I generally avoid the webupdater (for the 3.60 portion). Have you tried a master reset to see if that clears it up?

I have 3.60/3.00, and it started doing this a month ago, probably right after the upgrade.

I had reflashed the Vers 3.60 firmware couple weeks ago or so.

Turned it on this morning now that I just got home from work, and it is working ok, but this problem is totaly random. I did not do a full reset of the GPS yet.

Had the GPS off for an hour or so, now I just turned it back on with my hand over the antenna, and it again says: 20:00:00 31-Mar-07

This same problem happened immediately after upgrading the Unit Software, so that would be the Software Version 3.60, and I may fall back to Version 3.50.

Going to phone Garmin with the issue.

------------

EDIT:

Beginning of the Error happened here:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=3188313

So it sounds like the GPS Chip software that goofs the internal clock of the GPS.

Edited by GOT GPS?

I've updated to 3.60/3.00 using Webupdater. Everything seems to be working well. I did have an issue installing on the first try. Through a recommendation on the board I pulled out the SD card, reset the unit and installed. No problems.

I hope you get it figured out. Good Luck!

I've updated to 3.60/3.00 using Webupdater. Everything seems to be working well. I did have an issue installing on the first try. Through a recommendation on the board I pulled out the SD card, reset the unit and installed. No problems.

My 60CSx has been using 3.60/3.00 since the updates first came out, and I haven't noticed any new problems (in particular, the date and time have never been off the way GOT GPS? describes). I also didn't have any installation problems that I can remember.

I hope you get it figured out. Good Luck!

Same here!

--Larry

Have you tried to do a hard user reset? Hold the ENTER and PAGE buttons while powering it up.

Just be certain to do a full backup of all your waypoints and other user data before you reset!

My 60CSx was doing all kinds of strange things after a firmware update.. Doing the reset fixed it. :o

HTH,

PAUL.

Have you tried to do a hard user reset? Hold the ENTER and PAGE buttons while powering it up.

Just be certain to do a full backup of all your waypoints and other user data before you reset!

My 60CSx was doing all kinds of strange things after a firmware update.. Doing the reset fixed it. :o

HTH,

PAUL.

Paul is right, he suggested this hard reset because my 60CSx was doing some weird things. It worked!!! Thanks Paul. My issues were different though.