GPS Issues

I am having problems with my Garmin Etrex H. I bought it at the end of January. The numbers in my trip log have been way off. At one point it said my top speed was 145 mph. I know I speed but I have never gone that fast! :D I was caching in Canada and though maybe it converted to metric (not sure why it would but it was a guess).

When I got home I cleared the trip log and changed the batteries (I recharged them). After caching for a few days it said that I have gone over 6000 miles. Again I could have done 40 at the most. I also made sure that all the settings for measurement were correct and that I wasn't in metric.

I was going by downloaded cords and those have been off by 100' or so feet at times. Other times they are spot on. I tried turning on WAAS to see it it would help but I am still having issues. All this happened after I downloaded the cords.

If I upgrade the firmware will it solve the issue? I am currently at 2.5. Or is it something more?

Thanks.

If I upgrade the firmware will it solve the issue? I am currently at 2.5. Or is it something more?

Any firmware update could fix the issues you have had.

On Garmins website I see unit software 2.80 for the etrex H. I would use Garmins webupdater to do the update because there may be a chipset update besides the unit software that you can only get via letting the webupdater check for additional updates after it updates the unit software.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/store/downloads...44&pID=8705