Nuvi 7 Series. Beginners guide to TRUE paperless caching

I am not sure that I am doing it ENTIRELY correctly, but I was able to load a couple of GSAK databases onto my Nuvi 660. This looks to be so TOTALLY awesome that I can't begin to say how excited I am to try it out this weekend. Combining this with my Palm Pilot is like the ultimate, paperless geocaching experience (I hope!) I will come back to try the various patches after this weekend. I am so glad that I finally got it to work that I am too eager to try it and I don't want to risk screwing it up!!

Nuvi Paperless Geocaching Website Launched

Ok folks, I've been in contact with the mods/admins here at Groundspeak, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to edit any of my old posts.

As the old posts now contain so much out of date information they are confusing a lot of people. I don't want to be doing this, so I have decided to move the entire tutorial out of these forums, and place it on it's own website.

For this reason I am going to ask the moderators to close/lock this thread. Perhaps even remove the old posts.

The good news

Well I have been very busy over the past 2 weeks or so, getting all the information we've learnt here and combining it together.

Because of this I am please to announce that the entire process is a good bit slicker!

• Only ONE macro required for ALL nuvis!! New macro supports 2xx/3xx/6xx/7xx series!
  • Now able to utilise as many characters as your Nuvi can handle reliably without crashing it. (Before it was hit and miss)
  • Fixed crashing bugs for Nuvi 7xx
  • Export menu in GSAK has much less code to insert.
  • Customised macro allows for all you to tinker about easily!

I will be starting a new thread soon to deal with all the comments/support questions and queries. Please don't reply in here if the thread is still unlocked as you read this.

EDIT: New thread found here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=193374

What do I have to do?

• Simple, visit the website at the end of this post.
  • Read the tutorial again, all the files are now there on one site making it easy to download
  • Veterans (i.e. people who have been using this procedure before) please take extra care reading as some steps HAVE changed and you may just miss something new
  • Enjoy your caching
  • Feedback welcome

Edited by pilotsnipes