Loading waypoints from GSAK

I'm trying to load 500 waypoints from a PQ onto an etrex venture (also tried a quest 2 with same result) It will only load 50 waypoints before I get the message gps memory full? Why is this. The unit is supposed to hold 500 Waypoints. However both units only hold 50 routes. Could this have something to do with it?

All the waypoints are loaded up. Download from the GPS to you software and you'll confirm this.

When searching for waypoints nearest your location, you'll only see those within a certain distance. Search by name, and you'll see them all.

I'm trying to load 500 waypoints from a PQ onto an etrex venture (also tried a quest 2 with same result) It will only load 50 waypoints before I get the message gps memory full? Why is this. The unit is supposed to hold 500 Waypoints. However both units only hold 50 routes. Could this have something to do with it?

Can't address the Quest 2, but as for the Garmin, I'm pretty sure waypoints and routes are different memory, so your routes should not affect waypoints.

1. What software are you using to transfer waypoints?

2. Is it shareware with some type of restriction until you buy it?

3. By any chance, do you have waypoints already loaded in your GPS, like maybe 450? Try deleting ALL waypoints in the GPS and try it again.

Let us know how it goes.

Cache On!

JohnTee

OK, first make sure thay are not really there....

The default search is "by closest" which will ONLY show the closest 50 waypoints. Search "by name" to see the full list.

Otherwise, make sure the GPS is empty first. Sending waypoints only adds, it does not overwrite.

If you have an unregistered version of gsak, you can only upload 10 caches. If you already had 5, there's your 15.

Happy hunting!