boating

scottbustech

Me and my family are interested in geocashing weve lurked for a while and are ready too go now.

One of my questions we love too boat and canoe part of living in the northwest no doubt, im just curious if there is any water based or boat only accesable caches and how i would find a list linked too lakes not zipcodes cous i can get cordinants on the lake then run home too check the computer but thats alot of work thanks in advance. Scott

We've done several geocaches that were accessible only by water craft - some here in Minnesota, a few over in Wisconsin while on vacation. Let me say that they are water craft accessible in the summer. Reading the cache logs reaveals that some folks walk across the ice to score the finds in the winter.

There's not going to be a list of geocaches accessible only by watercraft. Part of the fun of geocaching is not having a list. You'll just have to do a zip code search of the area and find the geocaches, just as if they were on land. And where there are no geocaches on the water, you can hide some.

I have one in Western PA just over the Ohio line that recommends the use of a boat or canoe. Other paths to the cache are available but are very hard to traverse according to the logs. I did not place nor have I maintained this one on foot, always with a canoe on the Shenango River. No one has yet logged it by boat.

Won't help you out much tho!

GCXKKQ