etrex vista - delete waypoints?

i checked online how to delete large numbers of waypoints, or even all of them, but the steps they say does not work.

they say >>Press find > waypoints > menu > delete...This will let you delete all waypoints or waypoints of any given icon of your choosing.<<

trouble is when i click on waypoints - menu does not come up as an option. i have two choices, nearest or by name. i have tried this both with the gps functioning on and off.

any thoughts. i know i have done this once before, but can't remember how i did it!

TIA,

rsg

What was your solution? I'm trying to figure the same thing out on a venture HC

i checked online how to delete large numbers of waypoints, or even all of them, but the steps they say does not work.

they say >>Press find > waypoints > menu > delete...This will let you delete all waypoints or waypoints of any given icon of your choosing.<<

trouble is when i click on waypoints - menu does not come up as an option. i have two choices, nearest or by name. i have tried this both with the gps functioning on and off.

any thoughts. i know i have done this once before, but can't remember how i did it!

TIA,

rsg

When you have either a list of Geocaches or Waypoints displayed, hit the Menu Button. One of the choices will be "Delete." Then, you can choose to Delete All, or Delete by Symbol.

I Delete by Symbol because there are waypoints I want to keep on my GPS like the location of a Multi-cache final I haven't gotten to yet and other interesting things I have come across on the trail. I use a different icon for those instead of either the Closed Treasure Chest or Open Treasure Chest. Periodically I save those other waypoints on my computer so I won't lose them.