What do you call it?

Boots...

I recently designed a coin ( Front Design , Back Design ) for the NYS 4-H Geospatial Science Program. One of the staff from the 4-H Office is asking me for a NAME of this whole "Track a geocoin thing". She's not a cacher, and I keep telling her "we just call it tracking", but she wants a catchy name, something that she can build a logo and/or a marketing campaign on. I am drawing a blank.

I keep coming back to Project Coinwatch" or something like that, but that is so generic!!! Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to be sure to incorporate New York State and 4-H in the title. Any ideas are much appreciated!!!!

Good luck! I always feel kind of weird when I'm trying to explain a trackable coin to someone who doesn't even know what geocaching is. :o

A few thoughts.

1. Maybe you should have her create a geocaching account and come in and look around and see how geocoins and Travelbugs work so she gets a better idea.

2. Cool looking coin. I always like the coins that support a worthy cause!

I recently designed a coin ( Front Design , Back Design ) for the NYS 4-H Geospatial Science Program.

That's a really cool coin!

Will it be distributed only to 4-H members locally or will it be sold to the general, coin-collecting public?

The trick here will be that the people who get the coin will have to be members on geocaching.com in order to actually register the coin and/or track it, of course. So, I guess this is a way to turn your friend into a geocacher!! :o

How about: "NYS 4-H: Hunt, Hold, Hide, Have fun!"

Awesome, You folks rock! I didn't know if I would get any response to this thread. I love the ideas coming so far. Keep em coming. Remember, I would really like to try to tie in the coin tracking idea as well.

Oh, and as for availability, they will be available to the public as well. They are in production as we speak. We are holding an official Launch Party at the 4-H Camp Cache Bash on June 21. After that, the coins will be available for sale (even though we will have them before that).

Also, if you are DIRECTLY involved with 4-H, we are hoping to send out a few (2-3 maybe?) to 4-H Clubs in other states who are working with Geospatial Science. We are hoping to plant a few as soon as we get them, because we are holding an big event on campus in early July (sort of a second release party) and we wanted to show non-cachers how these can be tracked, where they've been, how they move, etc... So, if you are currently involved in a 4-H Club that is doing Geospatial Science, you MAY be eligible for a freebie of this before they are even released. If you think that fits you, then I would ask you to contact me privately. I will give you my 4-H Work address, and ask your county 4-H Agent to email me to verify your involvement.

Thanks a bunch!!