"Unpublished" cache

cincol

I have read about unpublished caches on a number of threads but cannot see how to set one up. These are caches where one can "store" your own TB's and GC's. An example of one is Fish Eagle's "Coin Collection" cache. There are others as well. Instructions on how to set one up would be appreciated. :laughing:

Happy caching

cincol

Mmmmm!! Yes, we have an unpublished cache for our coin collection. The main reason is to get those coins off our "inventory" of travellers. Having many collection geocoins in one's inventory really clogs it up, and makes it difficult to retrieve and drop travellers in the normal course of caching. I really don't know whether the practice is frowned on, or condoned by GC (but will try to find out), so for now, I would only suggest that it is used by bona-fide coin collectors who own several coins, and are experiencing difficulty in holding them in their inventory. I would hate to see a proliferation of unpublished caches for this purpose, so if you believe that you really need one, then contact me offline for further info. :laughing:

:P:)

Cache Fan always keeps one Geocoin in the collection witout activating it, in other words keep it virgin. Don't think the activation ever expires, if anybody knows different please advise.

In this case you do not need a bona fide cache, the coins are not really in your depository, but they are still yours anyway.

:D:P

Hi cache-fan

That's great IF the coin or TB has not been activated. Once it has been activated it is in your depository and is then "in the way" whenever you want to drop coins into caches. It means hunting through your depository every time you drop a coin. :) A bit of a pain in the proverbial and I was looking for a way to circumvent that by putting my collection coins already activated into a cache that has not been published, but just don't know how to set it up. I know that many cachers have such a cache just for that purpose and was wanting some pointers how to set one up from "those in the know"!

Happy caching

PS: I have contacted Fish Eagle off-line.

Hi cache-fan

That's great IF the coin or TB has not been activated. Once it has been activated it is in your depository and is then "in the way" whenever you want to drop coins into caches. It means hunting through your depository every time you drop a coin. :laughing: A bit of a pain in the proverbial and I was looking for a way to circumvent that by putting my collection coins already activated into a cache that has not been published, but just don't know how to set it up. I know that many cachers have such a cache just for that purpose and was wanting some pointers how to set one up from "those in the know"!

Happy caching

PS: I have contacted Fish Eagle off-line.

Hi cincol,

I have an unpublished cache to keep collectables. Setting it up is quite straight forward. This is how I've done mine:

1. Create a new cache listing.

2. Untick the box that says "Yes, this listing is active (For new listings, if you want to work on this listing before it is reviewed, uncheck this box. Reviewers will only see the listing in the queue when it is checked.) "

3. Then do the "Report new listing" (but make sure the box in 2 above is unticked).

4. View the listing and then archive the cache immediately.

Now you can drop you trackables into the cache because you're the owner.

Hope this is right and that I remember correctly.