How to log ... help please

BVnLJ

We did 7 caches today and dropped coins/travel bugs in all but 1. Someone has already taken one of them and logged it as found (???)

How am I to fix this? I can't place it in the cache now that they already took it. I don't even know how they took it because it was in still in our inventory.

Oh help please :laughing:

Logging instructions.

Do you still have the tracking number? You'll need it to log it.

If so, follow Blue Deuce's instructions on how to correct a TB/Geocoin history when mislogged:

this is when the bug is sitting in a cache.

1. Retrieve the bug from the current cache.

2. On the orig/previous cache, log a note POST DATED and drop the bug. ( you can just say "logging bug")

3. Retrieve the bug from that cache POST DATED.

4. Post a note on the current cache and drop the bug.

5. On the current cache logs delete the note that says you dropped the bug

6. On the Bug Page, delete both the logs showing that you retrieved and dropped the bug in the current cache. This will leave it in the cache and show the last cacher was the one to drop it.

(Or contact the current holder and ask them do a back drop.)

I wonder why some people do that,If I find one thats still in someones hands I email mail them and ask them to drop it in the cache I got it from. So I can retrive it. Some times they are on vacation and no access to a computer. If you put the date and time when you signed the logs they should have read that you were caching. I know I always wait a day or so if it's in some one elses hands. Give them time to get home lol. USA 45

I wonder why some people do that,If I find one thats still in someones hands I email mail them and ask them to drop it in the cache I got it from. So I can retrive it. Some times they are on vacation and no access to a computer. If you put the date and time when you signed the logs they should have read that you were caching. I know I always wait a day or so if it's in some one elses hands. Give them time to get home lol. USA 45

my thoughts excatly well said :laughing:

my thoughts excatly well said :laughing:

I'm fairly new, started in Jan 08, and this happened to me on my first TB placement. I was in Tenn. and couldn't log till I got back to Ohio the next day. It was already grabbed and logged as placed somewhere else. The bug lost about 400 miles!!