Looking for a caching guide in Albuquerque

DonB!

Hey fellow cachers,

I will be in Albuquerque from this Friday through Monday, and have a lot of spare time to do some caching.

I will have a rental car, and will pay for all gas, if someone would be willing to guide me around the area finding "the best" caches.

My email: donbursell@gmail.com

My cell phone (call after 10AM on Friday): 32-279-1118

Thanks

DonB!

Minnesota

Don, I occasionally get to make a few store deliveries out that way, and usually camp out behind on of the stores before starting back home. There are several great caches within walking distance of a parking lot on Alemeda @ the Rio Grande. This is bottom land area, heavily wooded and with walking trails. To do a quick search for this area, use the town name "Corrales".

Have fun.

Albuquerque cachers,

I had a great 3 days in New Mexico. Found all caches I looked for except 1. Found some great, and weird travel bugs too. :laughing:

My only disappointment is even with multiple emails out to cachers in the Albuquerque area, I was unable to find someone to go caching with.

Also, I was puzzled by the fact that most of the caches I found in the Albuquerque area were not camoflaged at all. :rolleyes: Simply a container, sitting on the ground. One of them was a large blue tool box sitting about 5 feet off the walking path, with no coverage or cammo whatsoever. I was amazed.

Lastly, I realized that to have a good hide in Albuquerque, you must find a bush, or a tumpleweed, and set it under there. Out of the caches I found while I was there, only 2 were NOT sitting on the ground under a bush. Again, I was amazed. Happy for the easy finds, but amazed.

I look forward to the next time I can take a trip to your area. Maybe next time I'll find a better guide than this time; I knew nothing about the Albuquerque area. Now, I know a little more than last time.

Waiting for the final bits of snow to melt here in Minnesota, :D

DonB!

There are lot of geocaches here in Albuquerque. I'll see what I can do to help. :D Yeah the caches in Alb. are usually almost out in the open if you wanna put it that way. Some are hidden pretty good though!

Geocaching, Metal Detecting, and Treasure Hunting in New Mexico!!

Click Here! For New Mexico Caching Website

This website is very helpful. I started up a new group to help out with questions like yours.

:unsure:<_< Jerry P. :D:D

Edited by soldier4god888