Colorado 400t GPS version reset to 0.0 :-(

gkein

I have been seeing the message "Updating GPS Firmware: 1% Complete" since I got my 400t last month -- was out geocaching this afternoon and the unit froze. After power off then on, the unit decided to do a GPS Firmware upgrade which completed (as in got to 100%). Once that was complete the unit was basically useless -- it wouldn't show the current location and wasn't able to lock on to any satellites.

On playing around at home I find that the Software version for the unit says Software Version 2.40, but GPS Software Version: 0.00. So it looks like the GPS software got zapped. Now, every few seconds I get the "Updating GPS Firmware .." message which never proceeds past 1%.

I tried reinstalling the software using the Web Updater, but that hasn't done anything. I've searched the web, but don't see any similar reports.

Any ideas how to recover the unit?

Thanks...

Try a hard reset, although I doubt it will help.

Press Power and both soft keys at the same time to hard reset.

Thanks, isn't this a soft reset though? I had done this and deleted my data, but as you say it didn't make any difference. The wiki talks about a hard reset being "Holding down both soft keys and the select button in a similar fashion seems to hard reset (reset to factory defaults) the Colorado" -- I can't get this to do anything...