Magellan Xplorist 500 + Extras For Sale

J10fly

I am looking to sell my personal Magellan Explorist 500 LE. It is in great condition, no scratches or marks. I am also including a soft case I have for it which you can use the unit with it on. Keeps it clean! Also I will include the bicycle mount/cradle and of course the usb and power cable. The only notable thing would be that on the back where the screw holds on the charging cable is stripped out but I have just been using the bicycle mount to charge it. The cable locks in on that fine and charges and synchs through that so really not a big deal. This is probably one of the best GPS units I have used for geocaching. If you are looking to get started inexpensively then this is the unit for you! Shoot me over an offer and if you would like any pics or any other info just ask I would be more than happy to help.

PHOTOS IN POST 4

Edited by jho135

I fixed the screw....took the lip off of it so that the shaft was longer. Now it screws together with no problems. :anibad:

Hello,

I have a similar problem with my 500 LE. The car adapter was attached and when I dropped it, the screw housing was pulled out. I haven't been able to put it back in the plastic. Reading some comments about Magellan has me skeptical about getting quick and good service. So, you just got a slimmer, but longer screw housing (I know that's not the correct term) and put it back in? How did you get it into the plastic? Where can I get the little part?

TIA

Edited by julebear

yeah I think it is somewhat common for that piece to strip out because the screw is too short. What I did was take the screw out and I grinded off the thicker spot of the screw. That allowed the screw to go in further when it is screwed into the unit.

yeah I think it is somewhat common for that piece to strip out because the screw is too short. What I did was take the screw out and I grinded off the thicker spot of the screw. That allowed the screw to go in further when it is screwed into the unit.

Good idear!!! I must say that the 500 is one excellent unit. I purchased a Triton 500 and will be returning it. My Explorist 500 out shined it on every level.

Would you be willing to sell the extras without the GPSr? I already have a 500le, and, (ironically) I need a case, power cable, and bike mount for it. Do you think that the case and mount would fit my 500le??

Sorry, I would rather not split it up. Keep in mind it has a the rechargeable Li-Ion battery in it so without the power cable it wouldn't do much good. ;)