Getting coords to geographical centers...

Arndtwe

Google is your friend.

http://americasroof.com/center.shtml

Yes, Google is my friend. But I already did a search and came up with that website. The problem is, I would have to convert each individual states coordinates to WGS84 datum, which would take a very long time. I am still doing Google searches, but am coming up empty with the datum I want. I am going to continue until I find it, But it would be nice to see others results as well.

Google is your friend.

http://americasroof.com/center.shtml

Yes, Google is my friend. But I already did a search and came up with that website. The problem is, I would have to convert each individual states coordinates to WGS84 datum, which would take a very long time. I am still doing Google searches, but am coming up empty with the datum I want. I am going to continue until I find it, But it would be nice to see others results as well.

I don't know about it taking a "very long time," but with an online converter such as this one, you could do it.

Is there something on that site that indicates that the coordinates are not WGS84? If so, I missed it.

Is there something on that site that indicates that the coordinates are not WGS84? If so, I missed it.

Oh, sorry, I guess I always refer to the format HDDD MM.MMM WGS84 when in reality, that is only a form of WGS84. I guess what I was looking for is the standard format, the same one that Geocaching.com uses. Correct me if I'm wrong (again). I "think" I understand how all this works. Sorry if I don't make any sense.

Anyone know of a website to get all 50 states coordinates to their geographical center? I thought this would be another fun little "game" to play and try to go to as many as I can and do Geocaching along the way.

No. But the geographic center of TN is about two blocks from my apartment, on Old Lascassus Road in Murfreesboro. Wish I could be of more help.

Geographic Center can be defined a couple of different ways.

I'll mention that the geographic center given on that site for Florida is described as 12 miles NNW of Brooksville, but the supplied value is about 65 miles SSE of Brooksville. Neither location makes any sense. Just FYI. I haven't looked at any other sites.