Assistance with ITEMS

Captain Gore-tex

As is often the way trial and error helps learning and after a few weeks I have managed to upload a fairly basic tour leading to a final cache. What I have struggled with is use of items.

I have had a look at a few of the open source cartridges but am no further forward to integrating their use.

Could someone post some instructions or compile a simple cartridge to download that demonstrates their use please?

Regards CG :unsure:

You might try here:

http://wherigobuilder.wikispaces.com/Build...cters+and+Items

Or you can have a look at the lua source for the tutorial cartridge. Keep in mind, though, that this one was not built in the builder, nor can it be loaded into it. And it might go a little overboard in some ways since it's meant to be a tutorial, not a challenge.

http://www.Wherigo.com/Gizmo.lua.txt

Tom

Edited by twolpert

The best advice is to download penguin escape and play it....just a little bit will do. Then open up the source and look at it. This would be the more complex use of items and item commands.

For the real basic understanding of items, just use the wizard in builder to make a simple cart and then play it.

Doing this will get you going faster than reading a manual or reading the forums.

The best advice is to download penguin escape and play it....just a little bit will do. Then open up the source and look at it. This would be the more complex use of items and item commands.

For the real basic understanding of items, just use the wizard in builder to make a simple cart and then play it.

Doing this will get you going faster than reading a manual or reading the forums.

Now I remember why I Hated programming classes in school. Read this, do this... If its off topic, NO.

But Wherigo... YEAH!!! Now I have a creative outlet for all that useless code that I had to learn(kinda). Now only if I can remember it all. The good thing is that I will be following your direction once I get my chance to go on lunch!

The Steaks