Bargain Geocache boxes

Hello All,

Just thought I'd pass this on the shop RANGE are currently selling 6 box set for £9.99 they are snap lids with seals the set contains 1 x 2.5l 1 x1l 2 x 400ml & 2 x 200ml you can check out one of my caches to see a picture.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/f56f320a-1...84b520aea70.jpg

TheWhoUK

Edit: Substituted picture URL to prevent any suggestion of cache advertising. :anitongue:

Edited by Lactodorum

Not wishing to p**s on your parade or anything but I bought a set identical to those from Woolworth's a couple of years ago. They turned out to be complete rubbish. On some... not all... the lid seal wasn't compressed at all. Try filling them with water, closing the lid and giving them a bit of a shake. If the water gets out then the chances are that the rain will get in. Also, after being in the field for a couple of months and with a few finders under their belt, I found that quite a few of the blue locking tabs has snapped off. When that happens, there's nothing to hold the lid on :grin:

I don't doubt that someone will come back and say they're brilliant... OK, so maybe I got a bad batch but I wouldn't contemplate using them again.

Like most things, you get what you pay for :unsure:

By the way... neat bit of cache advertising <_<:anitongue:

Edited by Pharisee