Email Problems

Lapu-Lapu

I'm not receiving emails fom gc.com anymore... no PQ, no owner or bookmark notifications... nothing at all. I checked my email system... everything works fine. No Spam filter active at the moment.

Does anyone else experience the same problem?

:anitongue:

After reading this I ran 5 PQ's and the My Finds PQ.

I'm using Gmail. My Finds arrived couple of minutes later. The others didn't run...

But here's how I got it running. I made copies of the PQs then ran them. They arrived in the mail in a couple of minutes. :anitongue:

Guess there's something going on. Try that, too.

I'm not receiving emails fom gc.com anymore... no PQ, no owner or bookmark notifications... nothing at all. I checked my email system... everything works fine. No Spam filter active at the moment.

A few minutes ago, the status on your profile page was "Not Validated Premium Member". I suspect that could have been related to your email problem.

But now that I look again, it appears that your account has been validated. Maybe your emails will start working again.

I just sent an email to you through your profile page - let's see if it arrives.

A few minutes ago, the status on your profile page was "Not Validated Premium Member". I suspect that could have been related to your email problem.

But now that I look again, it appears that your account has been validated. Maybe your emails will start working again.

I just sent an email to you through your profile page - let's see if it arrives.

My account was "not validated" because I've changed my email address to another provider. My old provider has obviously blacklisted the gc.com mailserver and deleted all incoming emails without further notice (even without an active spamfilter on my particular account). Freemail accounts are sometimes a pain in the a...

I'm now using a email and domain on my own webserver, I guess that's the better way...

Thanks for your assistance!

That happened with my previously-reliable ISP last summer after I got the big "All Finds" PQ. They gave me no warning, they didn't put the emails into the Quarantine folder, they just blocked all the Groundspeak domains. :unsure:

Gmail works fine now, and I set it up to forward mail to my email client, so I can still store email on my computer to read it offline. :D

That happened with my previously-reliable ISP last summer after I got the big "All Finds" PQ. They gave me no warning, they didn't put the emails into the Quarantine folder, they just blocked all the Groundspeak domains. :unsure:

Gmail works fine now, and I set it up to forward mail to my email client, so I can still store email on my computer to read it offline. :D

That's an interesting issue as my trouble started as well while waiting for my "All Finds" PQ...

You might as well get a Gmail account 'cause it seems like you'll eventually need it, even if what is going on now is just temporary. Missing emails from Groundspeak domains seems to be a common problem with many different ISPs and web-based email providers. :)