GSAK Symbols

rrahmm

I use the Geocache Treasure chest for all the caches, regardless of Type. I use the little "Camera" for my owned caches. For "Archived" caches, I use the little tombstone. Parking is the little car and trailhead is the Trailhead symbol. If you don't use the Treasure Chest for all cache types, they won't "behave" like caches on your GPS unit, if that is the symbol you designated for caches.

I use the Geocache Treasure chest for all the caches, regardless of Type. I use the little "Camera" for my owned caches. For "Archived" caches, I use the little tombstone. Parking is the little car and trailhead is the Trailhead symbol. If you don't use the Treasure Chest for all cache types, they won't "behave" like caches on your GPS unit, if that is the symbol you designated for caches.

I used to do that because of the broken geocache mode if you change the symbols. But I found that sometimes I wanted to know what type of cache I was looking for. Then there was the problem with the "find next" feature which sometimes has you going back and forth instead of going in one general direction as in cache along a route. So now I use map scrolling to find the next cache I want to visit instead of the next cache feature.

I use the "smart name" codes for the waypoint to tell me what size and type of cache I am looking at. I also include the difficulty and terrain in the waypoint name. I do look at the map to determine the next best cache to go to because the next nearest is sometimes not the best one to head towards.

Im not looking for any crazy modifications.

All i want to do is change the basic icons that load from GSAK my garmin. basically all waypoints (im im not mistaken, they are called chldren waypoints?) aside from caches are loading with a airport symbol.

Im not looking for any crazy modifications.

All i want to do is change the basic icons that load from GSAK my garmin. basically all waypoints (im im not mistaken, they are called chldren waypoints?) aside from caches are loading with a airport symbol.

"GPSr=>Send", then click on the "Change" button.

Now click on the "Child waypoints" tab.

0803200884137.png