Peter Pan: Liverpool

Thanks to kewfriend and his army of Tinkerbells around the world for setting up this excellent series of interlocking caches. For those who haven't checked them out yet, they are a series of seven caches that are hidden in the vicinities of the seven castings of a statue of Peter Pan designed by Sir George Frampton back in the 1920s. Each of the caches is a multi -- the first stage contains partial coords for the final stages of two of the other seven caches. So in order to find the cache, you have to join a team consisting of people who are local to the other statues and then swap the coordinates among yourselves. It's a great concept, and a great way to "meet" cachers from around the world.

One of the statues is in Sefton Park in Liverpool, so there is a great clamour from cachers around the world for local Liverpool cachers to join their teams. Unfortunately, demand seems to be outstripping supply for the time being, so I would strongly encourage any local cachers to check out the cache (GC18GZC) and to join one of the teams. (And better yet -- join my team! Contact me via my gc.com profile for more info.) Thanks to all who are taking part, and to those who will be.

dave

I'll join since I've not yet jumped on this particular bandwagon....

I live "across the water" from Liverpool, adn it'll take me about half an hour to get there...

HOWEVER it might be a few weeks until I can get over to Liverpool, as I'm busy all next week, then on holiday the week after. I'll make contact again then!!

This whole Multi-cache looks such fun, I only wish I lived nearer to one of the Peter Pans to join in.

Next time I'm in London I'll try and collect the co-ords for the one there and I'm already considering how I might persuade my daughter (who's in Australia for a while and has no interest in Geocaching, other than to regard it as a symptom of senility in her parents) to find someone with a GPS, go cross-country from Sydney and spend a while wandering around a park in Perth.

... That's not too much to ask, is it? :rolleyes:

MrsB

Thanks to kewfriend and his army of Tinkerbells around the world for setting up this excellent series of interlocking caches. For those who haven't checked them out yet, they are a series of seven caches that are hidden in the vicinities of the seven castings of a statue of Peter Pan designed by Sir George Frampton back in the 1920s. Each of the caches is a multi -- the first stage contains partial coords for the final stages of two of the other seven caches. So in order to find the cache, you have to join a team consisting of people who are local to the other statues and then swap the coordinates among yourselves. It's a great concept, and a great way to "meet" cachers from around the world.

One of the statues is in Sefton Park in Liverpool, so there is a great clamour from cachers around the world for local Liverpool cachers to join their teams. Unfortunately, demand seems to be outstripping supply for the time being, so I would strongly encourage any local cachers to check out the cache (GC18GZC) and to join one of the teams. (And better yet -- join my team! Contact me via my gc.com profile for more info.) Thanks to all who are taking part, and to those who will be.

dave

I am on Dave's team (London), so please anyone who can help with Liverpool please contact us! <_< I was looking at the Liverpool page myself and noticed there was a great demand for local cachers, almost tempted to go to Liverpool and try it myself :rolleyes:

Since I am already in a successful team and second to find Liverpool - gingerbreadmen was first and I think first internationally as well - I endorse that this has been good fun. :rolleyes: The only problem at the moment is that the one in New Jersey has not yet been approved. It just goes to show how fortunate we are in the British Isles with our four approvers and the speed with which they get things done! <_<