Yakima Cache Machine II

travisl

We had a great time!! The Yakima cachers were just great, they did so much for everyone!

Well, it was a very good time to be had. WE conquered the Snoqualmie Pass road closure and icy road condition. Believe me, That was quite an experience to say the least. It isn't a good feeling to feel your car starting to slide and worse yet to see the Big Rigs in the next lane - that thankfully was ahead of me by a couple of axles- slipping into my lane and the fact that I was only going between 10 - 14 mph and nobody in the next lane. It was then that Speeding Element put my vehicle into 4-wheel lock so I go into the Next lane. I am so grateful that he has a calming voice and kept ME calm but with white knuckles :D .

My first cache machine was great. Not quite the comradity that I've heard so much about. That was probably due to the fact that others more than likely due to the fact that we weren't there as planned. We did find YeOleImposter to let us tag along until we lost him. Then, we found a trio of brave guys that we hooked up with to help each other out :) .

Thank you for the opportunity to do a cache machine.

We had a great time!! The Yakima cachers were just great, they did so much for everyone!

Well, it was a very good time to be had. WE conquered the Snoqualmie Pass road closure and icy road condition. Believe me, That was quite an experience to say the least. It isn't a good feeling to feel your car starting to slide and worse yet to see the Big Rigs in the next lane - that thankfully was ahead of me by a couple of axles- slipping into my lane and the fact that I was only going between 10 - 14 mph and nobody in the next lane. It was then that Speeding Element put my vehicle into 4-wheel lock so I go into the Next lane. I am so grateful that he has a calming voice and kept ME calm but with white knuckles :laughing: .

My first cache machine was great. Not quite the comradity that I've heard so much about. That was probably due to the fact that others more than likely due to the fact that we weren't there as planned. We did find YeOleImposter to let us tag along until we lost him. Then, we found a trio of brave guys that we hooked up with to help each other out :P .

Thank you for the opportunity to do a cache machine.

Fairyhoney I have to agree with you on the comradiry thing. We were really looking forward to meeting and chating with fellow cachers during the cache machine and met a few but when it came for the after dinner we felt a little left out no one wanted to introduce themselves but thankfully we did share a wonderful dinner with a great cacher that was there by herself and we invited her to sit with us at dinner. Thank you Caliber, Master Sargent Mac, and Intrigued2.

I agree with Allanon, at the after event it was hard to tell who was a cacher and who wasn't. I am guilty of not meeting anybody new at the after event, primarily cause I was so dang tired, I just barely caught up with old friends, and our new that we had met and cached with that day.

I did have an incredibly great time at the cache machine. It was wonderfully organized!! I really enjoyed the caches on the ridge being on the route. I believe one was called The Rainbow ends at Lookout. Those are caches that we would have normally bagged, but with Koko being a high clearance vehicle we went after them. Those were some of the best caches, with fantastic views, and even had some wild flowers, which I tried so hard not to step on. But they were also easy enough to skip if you didn't want to do them as well. Great job you guys!!