GPS Set UP Magellen Blazer12

TheWhoUK

Hello All,

I have put two caches out yesterday which have been found. They where found by same user and commented that both where 90m out. It may be they're GPS; however the people are experienced cachers so I'm wondering if my GPS is set up correct?

I've been using GPS for many years in my line of work and always used Magellan and though basic I've found reliable. Saying that I haven’t need the degree of accuracy required to plonk you on a cache.

My Magellan is set up

Co Ord DEG/MIN

Map Datum GRB36

No one thing I've had to do while posting my co ords is add a digit either 0 or 5 at the end of my co ord as the Magellan only give me so much. But this should still be within 10 m I believe.

Example

51 39,56 n

003 47,78 w

I would change to

51 39,565 n

003 47,785 w

All help appreciated

TheWhoUK

Hello All,

I have put two caches out yesterday which have been found. They where found by same user and commented that both where 90m out. It may be they're GPS; however the people are experienced cachers so I'm wondering if my GPS is set up correct?

I've been using GPS for many years in my line of work and always used Magellan and though basic I've found reliable. Saying that I haven’t need the degree of accuracy required to plonk you on a cache.

My Magellan is set up

Co Ord DEG/MIN

Map Datum GRB36

geocaching uses wsg84 map datum your using GRB36 and that will be where your difference will lie

Edited by Munkeh