Builder Release 02/11/08

OpinioNate

Build 2.0.4807.4874

Instructions:

1. Uninstall the current builder by: Start-->All Programs-->Groundspeak-->Uninstall Wherigo Builder
  2. Install the new builder

The following fixes have been made for the current release:

Emulator

• ChangeMedia was changing media for any detail object. Needed to make sure the object detail showing was the object detail with the change media event
  • Getinput screen was not being removed if a Messagebox screen happened to overlay it. The engine still sends an implicit cancel, but, the getinput screen was still being displayed
  • Read from a list of media objects from the engine and find the appropriate media object type for ppc (for audio as well)
  • added more fields to the cartridge detail page, username, version, target device
  • When an attribute was set while on the object detail page, the object detail page was not rebinding with the new data
  • Warn the player if a cartridge that is about to be played is not compiled for the device
  • Switching detail screens would only happen once, but, wouldn't repeat until a back occured

General

• An open cartridge is now implicitly saved when publishing to my machine
  • Builder was not writing out Commands[""].Enabled statements correctly
  • New cartridges were defaulting to play anywhere (not implemented yet) and the set location was not enabled. Set location for a new cart is now enabled and the default coordinates are north and west in the coordinate entry
  • From the action list when choosing an action: choose, messagebox, enter text and ok, then choose change media, was causing an exception
  • Linker: When creating a playable cartridge, don't include files that aren't appropriate for the target device
  • "Any Device" option added to the publishing so that a gwc file will contain all media objects
  • Media files selection will now reflect Image Files (starting with jpg) and Audio Files. (2628)
  • Zone.Active was not being displayed as a property for a zone (it was zonestate in the dropdown for a compare)
  • Parsing error for duplicate if then else statements and duplicate messagebox contents with line feeds. Error parsing and's and or's
  • Create New Cart with open cart crashes

Note: Please be sure to uninstall any previous builds before reinstalling with the current build!

[*]Linker: When creating a playable cartridge, don't include files that aren't appropriate for the target device

I updated the site this afternoon to add this functionality. If you plan to play a cartridge in the emulator you should select the Pocket PC version since it will contain the right sized images and media for the emulator experience.

Problems with german regional-Settings of Windows:

There are many Problems in using the Buider on a German Windows-Version. Some of them have the following reason:

The Numbers in the german format are like this: 1.000,00 instead of the US-Format: 1,000.00

This is the reason for korrupt lua-Files:

------------------------------------------------------

zoneParkplatz.Points = {

ZonePoint(48,39598,10,83161,0),

ZonePoint(48,39598,10,83165,0),

ZonePoint(48,39595,10,83165,0),

ZonePoint(48,39595,10,83161,0)

}

Instead of:

zoneParkplatz.Points = {

ZonePoint(48.39631,10.83151,0),

ZonePoint(48.39631,10.8318,0),

ZonePoint(48.39612,10.8318,0),

ZonePoint(48.39612,10.83151,0)

}

Workaround:

While using the Builder, set the Regional-Settings of Numbers, Time, Date... to "Engish (USA)"

There are many Problems in using the Buider on a German Windows-Version. Some of them have the following reason:

The Numbers in the german format are like this: 1.000,00 instead of the US-Format: 1,000.00

This is the reason for korrupt lua-Files:

zoneParkplatz.Points = {

ZonePoint(48,39598,10,83161,0),

ZonePoint(48,39598,10,83165,0),

ZonePoint(48,39595,10,83165,0),

ZonePoint(48,39595,10,83161,0)

}

Instead of:

zoneParkplatz.Points = {

ZonePoint(48.39631,10.83151,0),

ZonePoint(48.39631,10.8318,0),

ZonePoint(48.39612,10.8318,0),

ZonePoint(48.39612,10.83151,0)

}

Workaround:

While using the Builder, set the Regional-Settings of Numbers, Time, Date... to "Engish (USA)"

Hello,

I've made some changes to the builder to deal with numbers and lat/lon coordinates when the current culture settings are other than English (USA). Would you be willing to install a test build of the builder to see if it works?

David.

When you set a proximity around a zone (say 100 meters) after saving the file the distance changes to feet (i think)

Perhaps that is also a problem related to european settings?

It's a bug. I'll have to make sure the builder retains those settings. The create from map option uses Terraserver. In some places, the terraserver doesn't have the tiles for that area of the world. Try updating the scale mode. Or, use the edit zone online feature. Create a new zone using an address and an arbitrary distance around. Then, click on the edit online button and you can move the points around.

David

Edited by davidloew

Workaround:

Hello,

I've made some changes to the builder to deal with numbers and lat/lon coordinates when the current culture settings are other than English (USA). Would you be willing to install a test build of the builder to see if it works?

David.

I'm welcome to test this Version of the Builder, especially i'm working on a cartriges.

You've got mail from me :laughing:

Sam

I installed the new release of the builder but cant load any cartridges. I did un-instal the previous version first.

Some of the error reads : error reading cartridge

System.FormatException De tekereeks is niet als geldige DateTime herkend(DUTCH)

bij System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s ,DateTimeIFormatInfo dtfi, DateTime DateTimeStyles styles

5 more lines

Edited by delta123

I installed the new release of the builder but cant load any cartridges. I did un-instal the previous version first.

bij System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s ,DateTimeIFormatInfo dtfi, DateTime DateTimeStyles styles

5 more lines

Are you using Dutch(Netherlands) regional settings? Also, did you save your cartridges prior to this release? It's possible, the cartriges you are trying load have non US date/time formatting data in them. Lua files (the cartridges) will always be saved with en-US settings for numbers, date/time and coordinates.

David.

Are you using Dutch(Netherlands) regional settings? Also, did you save your cartridges prior to this release? It's possible, the cartriges you are trying load have non US date/time formatting data in them. Lua files (the cartridges) will always be saved with en-US settings for numbers, date/time and coordinates.

David.

I've changed my settings to US with no (good) result. I try to figure out what you say. Are you implying my files are now corrupt?

5 more lines

I realise this is a very old thread, but for anyone who searches the forums in the hope of finding a solution to this problem - here it is.

If you are in a region which uses dd/mm/yy date format, and created and saved a cartridge with a version of the builder created before the second February release, you may not be able to open it with the latest Builder.

The solution appears to be to edit the .lua file in a text editor (such as Notepad), locate the dates near the top of the file which look something like:

cart[your-cartridge-name].CreateDate="15/02/2008 20:33:23"

cart[your-cartridge-name].PublishDate="01/01/0001 00:00:00"

cart[your-cartridge-name].UpdateDate="18/07/2008 23:58:27"

cart[your-cartridge-name].LastPlayedDate="01/01/0001 00:00:00"

...and change the dates so they are in mm/dd/yyyy format. Then the cartridge will open.

The backwards-compatibility bug was presumably added by the fix for localization issues described earlier in this thread.

I think i try to install a virtual XP with SP2 and an US version of XP and US settings and US keyboard.

Then i MIGHT be able to create my first WORKING Wherigo cache i Sweden :rolleyes:

Or you could use Earwigo, the alternative builder... you're signed up, and it does work. :rolleyes:

Ohoh.....can you please post again, i can´t find the link again......