Is there a way to make avatars not appear?

the hermit crabs

...I will truly miss the daily morphing of Blue Deuce's wonderful selection of avatars. But it's the price I gotta pay.
I tell you what, I'll email you every time I change. (Now where's the most evil smiley I can find)
I'm curious if this thread has spawned the fact that BD has changed avatars at least 4 or 5 times today? :rolleyes:

:wacko:

...I will truly miss the daily morphing of Blue Deuce's wonderful selection of avatars. But it's the price I gotta pay.
I tell you what, I'll email you every time I change. (Now where's the most evil smiley I can find)
I'm curious if this thread has spawned the fact that BD has changed avatars at least 4 or 5 times today? :rolleyes:

4 or 5 times today? How long did you take a break for dinner? :lol:

I think I might have reached a record of 18 once. Changing before every post, but I wasn't trying for a top number.

Let's see, TrailGators is at 10,760 posts and I'm at 10,696. If I get closer and am in a good mood...hmmm...maybe...

Hey now, that kinda talk might get you all banished to some thread from hell that goes on forever with no one ever agreeing, bringing up the same points over and over.

oops, nevermind. :bad:

I currently see some zany, whacked out blue-faced guy. I say you keep it. Not in the rotation, I mean forever. :bad:

I agree. :rolleyes:

I know that the forum software was not written by Groundspeak, but maybe someone here knows: is there a way that I can make forum avatars not show up? (Other than dragging the window partly off the left-hand edge of the screen.)

I looked in "My Controls" and didn't see an "ignore avatars" option or other obvious way to do this, but I'm hoping that it's something easy and I'm just being oblivious to it.

[Martha Stewart voice] I find that a two inch wide strip of electrical tape, placed vertically and top-to-bottom along the leftmost portion of the monitor screen, is very effective. [/Martha Stewart voice]

The old "TotemLake" one freaked me a little (you know, the one with a gun to his head :) )

I look forward to seeing BlueDeuce mood for the day. I Love Ambrosia's. It's mine, isn't it?!? I mean you could say it "fits" my personality :) !

Ummmm... that wasn't a gun...That's a MeriPlat being placed into the robot head as noted below. Now the next two should freak ya out...

f33aea66-f4c0-4f73-b307-eacd631d1d24.jpg

12829ff9-afa8-4195-be55-38b28719f305.jpg

afac4e8f-5c3f-48c3-9c03-704ed01694da.jpg

I could go on of course... who remembers the CRR avatar? And then the subsequent unsuccessful compliance to remove the CRR. ;)

Edited by TotemLake