GSAK questions

If you already deleted the waypoints from GSAK, it's too late to fix it. If you can reload GSAK, looks like you have to change the default code for the waypoint name. It's probably currently set as %name; change it to %code, or, even better, %drop2 which drops the GC from the waypoint name. Look up special tags in the help file for a host of other parameters.

If you already deleted the waypoints from GSAK, it's too late to fix it. If you can reload GSAK, looks like you have to change the default code for the waypoint name. It's probably currently set as %name; change it to %code, or, even better, %drop2 which drops the GC from the waypoint name. Look up special tags in the help file for a host of other parameters.

No i have'nt deleted anything yet, is there a purpose for saving the waypoints?

Depends how you use them. For me, yes. I use the html feature to look up the cache descriptions offline when planning cache outings. I also load up waypoints as customized POIs on different GPS'. I also have Natl Topo and MapSource and will occassionally load them up to view their respective profiles.

No i have'nt deleted anything yet, is there a purpose for saving the waypoints?

I keep them around until the next time I run pocket queries. Then in the file load dialog, I just click the option that deletes them all before loading the new ones.

I do know that some people never delete anything for their GSAK database.

--Marky

You can set GSAK to query the dates in the new pocket query and only load the updates. This is handy for those of us that keep large numbers of caches stored in GSAK. When you have thousands of caches stored, it becomes quite a bit of work to reload your data each time since you only get 500 waypoints per query.