Palm OS Street level map?

Barbarnero

You can try the Google Maps app. It's free, but I don't know if it will take coordinates. I'd try it out for you but I'm not on a data plan; I only use it to check traffic when in a bind, or when I'm lost.

EDIT: I run this on my Treo 650, so I have internet access. I don't know about PDAs with no cell phone capability.

Edited by chimbisimo

Hmmmm, DeLorme's Street Atlas has a PDA map feature.

I've used Delorme Street Atlas on my Palm T3 quite a bit. There is a menu option "Go to position..." where you enter coordinates and it moves the map to that location. You can then add a wpt at the current map position with a button press.

Greg

If you have Garmin maps, you can load those on....

You use the GPS10 Que software, available from Garmin's website. The best interface is Cachemate to transfer cache locations to the maps.

Garmin's Mobile Xt (for the GPS 10 and 10X) does not run on Palm 4.1, you need a model with palm operating system at least 5.

Delorme Street Atlas is a good program. I have it on my Clie with PalmOS 5.2.

You can convert a PQ of caches to waypoints which will show on the map.

If you have a GPSr with serial cable sending data, it will show your location on the map. You need to get a serial cable for your PDA, and a null modem connector.

If you have Garmin maps, you can load those on....

You use the GPS10 Que software, available from Garmin's website. The best interface is Cachemate to transfer cache locations to the maps.

Garmin's Mobile Xt (for the GPS 10 and 10X) does not run on Palm 4.1, you need a model with palm operating system at least 5.

I was not talking about the the Mobile 10 version, but the Que version.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1441

It does not appear to run on 4.1 though. You are not going to get much map performance out a Palm that is that old, are you?? That has got to be one old PDA.

yeah its something like 4 or 5 years old, but I had it laying around doing nothing else so I now use it to go paperless

probably doesnt matter anyways. I think I will be returning my Triton 300 soon and getting a Vista HCx. I am just getting fed up with waiting for the improvements on the Triton. it works great in the field. accuracy and sat detecting. but the other software feature are annoying as heck or dont work at all.

so saying that I will probably justtry and find a map program that works on the Vista

Edited by Barbarnero