Colorado Basemap

HAB214

Sorry if this is located somewhere else....I just got a Colorado 300 and had a question about the basemap. I have seen in a lot of the screen shots from the Colorado that the basemap will show a lot of the roads besides just major highways. It looked as if the Interstates were in red, the highways in yellow, and then even more streets in gray. My Basemap only shows the major interstates and highways, but none of the gray roads...none of the regular streets. Is this the way it is or am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

what are the grey streets in the screen images that I've seen? how do you get those? When people were upset that the colorado didn't display street names, how did they get the streets on there to begin with. thanks

Edited by HAB214

what are the grey streets in the screen images that I've seen? how do you get those? When people were upset that the colorado didn't display street names, how did they get the streets on there to begin with. thanks

The 300 just includes major highways. the 400t includes the data from topo 2008, which has detailed streets. (but are unroutable). If you want detailed street maps you need to either buy topo 2008 or City Navigator 2008. If you buy City Navigator 2008 you can get turn by turn directions.

The 300 just includes major highways. the 400t includes the data from topo 2008, which has detailed streets. (but are unroutable). If you want detailed street maps you need to either buy topo 2008 or City Navigator 2008. If you buy City Navigator 2008 you can get turn by turn directions.

So you don't get Turn by Turn directions without having to purchase City Navigator? :lol: So I have to add $130 to the already high price of $600 :huh:

So you don't get Turn by Turn directions without having to purchase City Navigator? :huh: So I have to add $130 to the already high price of $600 :lol:

Well, you could buy the 300, and get City Navigator, in lieu of the topo maps that are included in the 400t. High price aside, remember that a handheld GPSr is not geared towards those that want a car routing unit. You can get that in a Garmin Nuvi for $200 elsewhere.

So you don't get Turn by Turn directions without having to purchase City Navigator? :huh: So I have to add $130 to the already high price of $600 :lol:

Well, you could buy the 300, and get City Navigator, in lieu of the topo maps that are included in the 400t. High price aside, remember that a handheld GPSr is not geared towards those that want a car routing unit. You can get that in a Garmin Nuvi for $200 elsewhere.

I know what you are saying and I contemplated buying the 300 but I do want the topo maps the 400t has. I just thought that I could ocassionally used the GPS for auto navigation without having to add another set of maps. I am mainly going to use the Colorado for paragliding and as far as it calculates Glide Ratio and Glide Ratio to Destination (which it does) I guess I just have to settle for no auto navigation.