Buying a GPS

I know you guys are pro Garmin(which is cool) and I wouldn't mind a higher end model but if you guys had a choice for the money, which would you choose and why if possible.

I bought the Garmin Etrex H for $91.00 a few days ago and forgot it had a serial cable :unsure: , which I understand will cost me 25-30 bucks so might as well send it back and get one of these.

I was going for the cheapest High-Intensity GPS because I also ordered the Nuvi 200 for the wife and figured hers would do the mapping and only needed this once we were out of the car.

Garmin eTrex Venture HC High-Intensity Color Mapping Handheld GPS - $139.86 no tax & free shipping

or

Magellan Explorist 500LE - $140.68 with tax and shipping from Costco

Thanks for the help guys, we really appreciate it.

BE WARNED!!!!!!

My magellan explorist failed to communicate and I contacted them. NIGHTMARE!!!! Almost 20 calls/ over 4 months wait/ Hours wasted waiting on hold/ running trough a big trouble shoot multiple times.... The list goes on. They repeatedly lied and told me a replacement was on the way when that wasn't a fact. I was sent a replacement cable C.O.D. (unit was still under waranty) while the cable wasn't the problem.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN MY LIFE. EVER.

but I want to make it clear that I never took it out on the poor staff. It's bad enuf that they work night shift in India to serve us in North America our during business hours...