Revisiting caches to exchange travel bugs

geowizerd

I have a bug that has been with me for a while now, and would like to get him moving again. I am thinking about dropping him in a nearby cache (that I've already recorded a find on) that gets a good amount of visits, and maybe picking up another. Is it considered "bad form" to revisit a cache to drop off/pick up bugs and/or coins?

Edited by geowizerd

I have a bug that has been with me for a while now, and would like to get him moving again. I am thinking about dropping him in a nearby cache (that I've already recorded a find on) that gets a good amount of visits, and maybe picking up another. Is it considered "bad form" to revisit a cache to drop off/pick up bugs and/or coins?

I've seen logs online where there is a note instead of a smiley and it just says "bug drop". I always thought it was the cache owner just noting that they visited their own cache and left a travel bug.....but I bet it would apply to this situation as well. If you're worried about logging a 'found it' smiley again, you could use the note funtion instead and explain you've found it in the past but were just revisiting to drop a bug. :-)

I'll second the note rather than another found it. I've done this several times with the really active caches, gets the bugs moving faster.

I had a noob find one of my caches then go back 2 weeks later and "found it" again to pick up a bug they left. I sent them a note asking them to change their extra found it log to a note and they acted like I was taking their house from them :laughing: They changed their log but wow the email I got in return.....

Not bad form at all. In fact, it's possible to play a game within the game where you never find another new cache! Just pick up TB's and move them to different caches. You can focus on racking up TB and geocoin icons rather than smilies.