Pocket Query query

Delta68

Why aren't the search options on the 'advanced search options' page available on the pocket query page?

I was trying to set up a pocket query which automatically* lists all caches hidden by a specific cacher but this doesn't appear to be possible

*using a bookmark list would not be 'automatic' :unsure:

It's easy to filter by cache owner in GSAK.
...once you HAVE the data in GSAK. If someone tried to create a PQ regionally that included my hides, they'd miss one that I set up that has a great nanny. The cache is 450 miles from my home and my in-laws watch over it for me. Likewise in a cache-rich area, finding caches by owner without an auto-PQ is tough. In the Chicago area, we have 3,157 active and 124 inactive caches, totalling 3,281. To get those into GSAK would require a minimum of seven PQs just to find the ones LOCALLY that have a specific owner.

I really like the idea that any criteria that can be done on the advanced seek page could be done on the PQ page, not only...

"hidden by user" but also

"keyword" and

"found by user" (with the possibility of breaking up the find dates by ranges like the placed dates).

The first two are asked for MANY times, but the last one would also make it so that people could do the "find caches that neither of us have found" query without violating TOU.

Edited by Markwell

This one by any chance :antenna:

Yup! That's the one :antenna:

One would hope that if the question is asked, or the request made, enough times, the powers that be will listen. :laughing:

Or at least get a good reason why it can't be done! :antenna:

Any sort of communication about these sort of request would be good.

With such a large database, website etc... etc... there's bound to be a lot of questions, requests, reports etc...

While there's an immense amount of help for all the functions that are available, from the thousands of users. Some form of regular communication about those that aren't, but are clearly being asked for, by quite a lot of users, would be nice.

Many multi-national/multi-million company usually have a "Help Desk" that deals with these sort of enquiries.

It wouldn't take much to add a "Features Request" board as a child to this one and to moderate and respond to it.

I realise this sort of response would require a resource or two, but once the initial rush is overcome, day to day requests would be automatically answered by the fact the question has been probably been asked before, and responded to.

Thereby, reducing the amount of posting traffic, to a degree.

Time to crawl back under my stone and shut up (maybe). :antenna:

This one by any chance :huh:

Yup! That's the one ;)

One would hope that if the question is asked, or the request made, enough times, the powers that be will listen. :D

Or at least get a good reason why it can't be done! :ph34r:

Any sort of communication about these sort of request would be good.

With such a large database, website etc... etc... there's bound to be a lot of questions, requests, reports etc...

While there's an immense amount of help for all the functions that are available, from the thousands of users. Some form of regular communication about those that aren't, but are clearly being asked for, by quite a lot of users, would be nice.

Many multi-national/multi-million company usually have a "Help Desk" that deals with these sort of enquiries.

It wouldn't take much to add a "Features Request" board as a child to this one and to moderate and respond to it.

I realise this sort of response would require a resource or two, but once the initial rush is overcome, day to day requests would be automatically answered by the fact the question has been probably been asked before, and responded to.

Thereby, reducing the amount of posting traffic, to a degree.

Time to crawl back under my stone and shut up (maybe). ;)

No. Don't crawl back under. I agree with you completely. Although, like you, I am also starting to believe that these forums are merely a place for us to voice our complaints, but are never read or seriously considered for change. Perhaps something amazing will happen that will surprise me, and we will see the fruits of change, but any hope of that is yet to come.