WANTED: Broken or super cheap 60C(s)(x)

anethema

My 60c has a broken case and worn antenna, I would like a new casing to put the guts of my GPS in.

If anyone has a broken garmin GPS (60c, 60cs, 60csx, etc) I would like to buy it from them. Just looking for something cheap because the case is all I need. Even a working 60c would do. I already paid for city navigator once but have no more keys, so I will just pirate it this time around.

Basically looking for anything with the same case, broken or working, but the most important thing is cheap.

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Thanks for pointing that out! :D

Edited by anethema

You might what to repost your double post as the first only has a title.

My 60c has a broken case and worn antenna, I would like a new casing to put the guts of my GPS in.

If anyone has a broken garmin GPS (60c, 60cs, 60csx, etc) I would like to buy it from them. Just looking for something cheap because the case is all I need. Even a working 60c would do. I already paid for city navigator once but have no more keys, so I will just pirate it this time around.

Basically looking for anything with the same case, broken or working, but the most important thing is cheap.

Thanks guys!

Edited to add quote and say Finding a "super cheap" 60 that is cheaper then the cost to send your unit to Garmin for repair is extremely unlikely. Edited by QuigleyJones

You might what to repost your double post as the first only has a title.

Edited to add quote and say Finding a "super cheap" 60 that is cheaper then the cost to send your unit to Garmin for repair is extremely unlikely.

Well I'm thinking a totally non working unit might be cheaper than the $150 it will cost to send it to garmin. I seem to be able to buy a perfect used one from ebay for that price. Maybe if there are no replys I will just buy a 76c which is actually the unit I wanted originally (much harder to break than a 60c while dirtbiking haha, that antenna sticking up caught on my jacked and tore the case in half pretty much)

Thanks again everyone!

Well I'm thinking a totally non working unit might be cheaper than the $150 it will cost to send it to garmin. I seem to be able to buy a perfect used one from ebay for that price. Maybe if there are no replys I will just buy a 76c which is actually the unit I wanted originally (much harder to break than a 60c while dirtbiking haha, that antenna sticking up caught on my jacked and tore the case in half pretty much)

Thanks again everyone!

You could buy a 60 yellow and create a "sleeper" GPS :laughing:

And can we see a picture?

I made an inquiry for you.

And a nice fella who is a garmin dealer thinks he can get you a shell.

Email him at steevireno@aol.com

Thanks so much I will shoot him an email right away.

Here are some pics like you asked:

This is the overview..can see how some of the ant rubber got torn off so I put some silicone on there to seal it up again, aint pretty but it worked. Also can see where the case is split on the one side. I can actually grab the antenna and pull and the whole front of the GPS seperates from the rear. Can show you why better in a couple pics.

2191424066_5db4c80043_b.jpg

Here is a closeup kind of showing the antenna, but it is a crappy picture.

2191423244_64a5113fa0_b.jpg

Here is the internals showing why it is broken. The piece of retaining plastic inside is normally attatched to the back of the case, but here it is not. You can see where I put a bit of silicone to try and help it out, but it dindt work :unsure:

2191422524_b01eca8876_b.jpg