All my waypoints and caches are gone?

El Diablo

O.k....one of you bright guys tell me where my waypoints went to. If I do a search for either waypoints or geocaches, there is nothing there. Yet when I get within shot of the old caches my proximity alarm goes off? :P

Thanks for any help.

El Diablo

I may be wrong here, but Ill give it shot. You can set the 60Scx to display the closest or to display them by name. If you load 500 waypoints into the unit, if its set to closest, you'll only see the first 50. If none of them are within a certain distance, and its a wys out there, then you wont see any. Are the caches/waypoints that you loaded close to where you are at the time you look at the unit? If so, then it may be something else.

I do know that I have experienced the same issue a while back and was told what Im telling you. Click on the waypoint icon, if yo udont see a list of waypoints, click "menu" and click either find by name, or find closest. Only one of those two choices will show up depending on what the unit was set to. Hope this wasnt too confusing.

O.k....one of you bright guys tell me where my waypoints went to. If I do a search for either waypoints or geocaches, there is nothing there. Yet when I get within shot of the old caches my proximity alarm goes off? :P

Thanks for any help.

El Diablo

I may be wrong here, but Ill give it shot. You can set the 60Scx to display the closest or to display them by name. If you load 500 waypoints into the unit, if its set to closest, you'll only see the first 50. If none of them are within a certain distance, and its a wys out there, then you wont see any. Are the caches/waypoints that you loaded close to where you are at the time you look at the unit? If so, then it may be something else.

I do know that I have experienced the same issue a while back and was told what Im telling you. Click on the waypoint icon, if yo udont see a list of waypoints, click "menu" and click either find by name, or find closest. Only one of those two choices will show up depending on what the unit was set to. Hope this wasnt too confusing.

I went through that when I first got the unit. No matter if I search by name or by closest, the only thing there are the 3 waypoints I entered after the problem started.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

El Diablo

Try re-seating the memory card. A loose card connection can cause problems that aren't related to the data on the card.

Just tried that. Still nothing. Maybe it's a software problem. Is there a way to tell how many waypoints that are stored?

El Diablo

Download them to MapSource, the waypoint tab will tell you how many waypoints were downloaded.