found tb in a cache but it was not logged

boden18

I've had this problem many times. I usually choose "Grabbed from somewhere else" and send it on its way. One time I logged a TB after grabbing it from a basket at a geocache event. The person who put it in the basket was upset that I logged the find TOO soon and said I should have waited a while. Apparently not everyone logs TBs as soon as they grab or place them.

For me, it depends on the history of the bug....no logs for 6 months and it shows in the inventory of some cache? definitely grab it, dip it into the cache you found it, then log your retrieval....it's in the hands of a cacher? I'd give them at least a few days to catch up on the logs or email them and see what the status is. Maybe they forgot to log the drop...or maybe they're still on the road and haven't logged on the site yet.

Recently picked up some TBs from a local TB hotel. Before I could log I had to help with a family medical emergency and was away from computer access for a few weeks.

I dropped some TBs in caches on my way back and was unable to log becouse the owner of the TB hotel had identified them as missing. I had to "grab them from elsewhere" because they were removed from the TB hotel inventory.

I'm glad to see that the TB hotel owner was so filigent in sheparding his flock but I wish I would have had just a little more time before he edited the cache inventory.

Some people are way to quick to grab...or complain. Look at these logs from a TB my wife moved....Pay close attention to the dates. The logs have been arranged in chronological order..........

1/2/2008 phxchemswife retrieved it from Spooner Time! Colorado

Found this, will move him along very soon!

1/3/2008 XXXXXXXX discovered it [in Exit 148 Colorado Springs Travel Bug Hotel ]

discovered in bug hotel needs to be logged????????

1/3/2008 phxchemswife placed it in Exit 148 Colorado Springs Travel Bug Hotel Colorado 44.7mi S

Dude....the bug was picked up the DAY BEFORE....it was sitting in the hotel NOT EVEN A DAY. He found it HOURS after we placed it. Don't they read the previous logs and use some logic looking at the date the bug was picked up? Good thing he didn't want that TB....he would have grabbed it.....

And BTW, we stopped in Colorado Spring on our way back to AZ.....couldn't log it til we were home.....