Would you...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Logging your own bug doesn't give you any sort of stat or icon, so a Discover log is really nothing more than a note.

If I came across my bug out in the wild I might pick it up and move it, or post a note that I found it. That's about the limit of excitement I could get out of the experience.

I would either discover or write a note just so I could log the experience, but only if the TB is in a cache away from my local caching area (like if I saw it while on vacation or a road trip). If I had my camera with me, I'd take a photo and include it in the log. It's not about getting stats, it's all about the experience.

If I came across it unexpectedly in a local cache, I may or may not discover it or write a note on the TB page. Depends on how long it's been traveling, or how long it has been sitting in the cache, etc.

As previously mentioned, discovering or grabbing your own TB does not pad your stats. So, to do so would mean you had some other purpose.

I did discover one of my TB's in a cache in Utah, unexpectedly. I actually retrieved it, brought it back to California, to continue its journey. It was kind of funny to find one of my own in the wild though.

Came across couple of mine in the wild.. one was a bug that I wanted to be in the UK when I visited (picked it up in a great cache) and another two I've run across. One I left, one I took to move on *shrug*.. never gave it a second thought.

Edited by Maingray

If I saw one of mine in a Cache where i wasn't expecting it, I would log the Discovery not to pad my numbers, but to add to the bugs record that I had discovered it in the wild. That can't be too common, so I consider it a notable event. With all the new bugs I'm releasing, the odds are getting better that this will happen to me.

That was in reply the the "Some other purpose" section of this

As previously mentioned, discovering or grabbing your own TB does not pad your stats. So, to do so would mean you had some other purpose.

I did discover one of my TB's in a cache in Utah, unexpectedly. I actually retrieved it, brought it back to California, to continue its journey. It was kind of funny to find one of my own in the wild though.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

If I saw one of mine in a Cache where i wasn't expecting it, I would log the Discovery not to pad my numbers, but to add to the bugs record that I had discovered it in the wild. That can't be too common, so I consider it a notable event. With all the new bugs I'm releasing, the odds are getting better that this will happen to me.

But, I Don't think you can pad your numbers with your own bugs and coins. :)