To Activate or Not to Activate

backhiker

Tried to add this question to another topic, but didn't work to well so I'll start another thread:

Now that I have a few coins for my personal collection I guess I have a question that could be added to this topic too.

I see some people activate their coins (I guess for the icon) and then keep them in an archived cache. And others just keep their list on a coin tracking website.

Which is prefered, I know this is a completely personal decision but would like some opinions...

I would like to take some of my coins to events to share, but if I ever want to trade them I guess they should be unactivated?

All replies welcome (flame gear on if nessessary )

I have bunches of coins I haven't activated for the sole purpose of maybe selling them in the far off future. As that dream fades or I fall out of love with the beauties I will activate them and maybe release them .... or not.

Keeping coins (activated) in archived caches is a way to empty the TB inventory of all but the travellers in transit awaiting to be dropped off. Keeping them on a tracking website is a means of creating a trading list. For collection inventory purposes I've chosen an Excel style database where I can store tracking#s, activation codes, reference#, trade status or location.