Loading Waypoints onto Magellan Crossover

Greetings,

I have a new Maagellan Crossover GPS and am trying to figure out a way to load waypoints without using an SD card. The unit came with some software that will load POI files but does not seem to accept wpt files. I have downloaded geocaching info from geocaching.com and have converted it into a waypoint file (.wpt).

Anyone know of a way to load this onto the unit? I have tried MapSend Lite but that doesn't seem to be up to the task.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

TC

The POI editor that came with the unit will allow you to load WPT files and it then saves them as MGLN files. Those you can upload to the unit but they are only accessible in Vehicle Nav Mode for street routing. To geocache with the unit, you'll have to get an SD card and an SD card reader. Then you would convert your WPT files to UPT files using Magellan's Mapsend Manager (free download from the magellan site). Once you have UPT files, you'll need to manually copy them to the SD card then go into Outdoor mode, Options, Import Data, Waypoints and import the UPT file.

Make sure you update the unit to the latest firmware (2.14).

Also, see this topic that I wrote on the downfalls and workarounds. I wrote it before the Mapsend Manager software was out and I had to use gpsbabel to convert from WPT to UPT.

JetSkier

The POI editor that came with the unit will allow you to load WPT files and it then saves them as MGLN files. Those you can upload to the unit but they are only accessible in Vehicle Nav Mode for street routing. To geocache with the unit, you'll have to get an SD card and an SD card reader. Then you would convert your WPT files to UPT files using Magellan's Mapsend Manager (free download from the magellan site). Once you have UPT files, you'll need to manually copy them to the SD card then go into Outdoor mode, Options, Import Data, Waypoints and import the UPT file.

Make sure you update the unit to the latest firmware (2.14).

JetSkier

I have the latest firmware and have converted the files to upt and named them in uppercase as suggested by another post. I have gone into the Outdoor Mode and tried to import these files as suggested here and I get a message that there are no files to display. How else can I do this? Is there a file folder I need to put them in on the SD card? I am not sure what to do next to use the files to geocache. I appreciate any suggestions.

Mazatli

That has happened on my GPS as well. You can try two different things.

1) I read somewhere (in these forums) that if you go to the map display, in outdoor mode, then remove and re-insert the card, it'll reset it's internal cache and your upt files will be visible.

2) Remove the SD card, then try to import waypoints. After the error message, re-insert the card and try again.

I put the upt files in the root of the SD card. Not sure if you can put them in a sub-folder or not.

JetSkier