Garmin 60cs

icomman

I wouldn't buy a new one for the card (I can get by with relatively small mapsets), but the 60cx line also has the high-sensitivity chip and I don't think the CS does. That, to me, is more important than the expandable map mem.

If you are happy with the maps you load and with the reception I'd prolly use the 60cs until the buttons fall off and turn to dust. Then again, I'm kinda cheap. Frugal! I mean frrugal!

I have a very nice Garmin 60cs and I was wondering if there was much reason to upgrade to the 60csx with the exception of increased memory. I have been inactive caching lately but have renewed interest. Comments appreciated.

Icomman

Here are two questions you have to ask yourself:

1. Are you satisfied with the 60CS GPS receptivity in canyons and under tree coverage?

2. Do you have all the maps you commonly use downloadable to the built in memory of the 60CS?

If your answer is yes to both of the above two questions then the 60Cs is just fine, you really have no reason to get a 60CSx... save your money.

If you lose GPS connectivity under tree cover and/or you have to load different maps into the 60CS, then the 60CSx will resolve those two irritating occurrences.

As a person who just upgraded from a 60cs to a 60csx I would suggest you hold out for a little while at least. The new Colorado will be coming out in the forseable future at which time you could 1.) get the newest latest greatest. or 2.) get a 60csx for a cheaper price.

If you can live with the maps as they are then the only reason to upgrade would be the coverage through tree cover/canyons. If you haven't had too many problems with this in the past I would hold off. If you find that annoying and have the money to upgrade than go for it. My favorite thing about the 60csx is the speed with which it acquires the satelites. If I power it on at my front door, it's usually ready to go by the time I'm ready to put the car in reverse on my driveway.

Edited by sanramonhunter