Recommendation? Track Log Viewer

xxgg

Hello.

Could you recommend me a good software for re(viewing) my track logs in variety of ways?

Like linear, graphically, timeline, etc...

What software(s) do you people use for analysing? detailed viewing your track log(s) with?

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Edited by xxgg

I use Garmin Mapsource maps for viewing my tracks on my PC. From Mapsource, I can save a .gpx file to be viewed in Google Earth. Another site that is really fun is Magnalog. You can upload .gpx files to that site, customize the look of the track, and tell the story of your adventure, whether it was hiking, kayaking, or hang gliding. :P

With Mapsource you do not even need to save a file to view the data in Google Earch. Select "View > View In Google Earth" and you will see whatever tracks and waypoints are currently in the open instance of Mapsource. I use feature frequently to view something: I use Mapsource to quickly locate something that I wish to view, create a waypoint at that location, and then View > View in Google Earth. Mapsource also added some track editing features a few years back that really help, like being able to freehand draw a track, split a track, and so forth.

Hello.

Could you recommend me a good software for re(viewing) my track logs in variety of ways?

Like linear, graphically, timeline, etc...

What software(s) do you people use for analysing? detailed viewing your track log(s) with?

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

What model GPS unit do you have?

Are you asking about looking into an individual file and seeing each track point? Or sorting and managing multiple track files.?

I have Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx.

Instead of just looking at the traces of track, I would like to do see it in more detailed view.

For example...

Is there a program where I can view the track on a map and at same time have some sort of linear graph which I can slide around or interact with to see the detailed informations? Like elevation, speed, and any other informations that is logged to the track log file.

I am sure there are some programs which you can view all these logged details creatively/ interactively, right? All in both visually & text would be very nice. If not, something close to it would be nice.

Instead of just looking at the traces of track, I would like to do see it in more detailed view.

For example...

Is there a program where I can view the track on a map and at same time have some sort of linear graph which I can slide around or interact with to see the detailed informations? Like elevation, speed, and any other informations that is logged to the track log file.

I am sure there are some programs which you can view all these logged details creatively/ interactively, right? All in both visually & text would be very nice. If not, something close to it would be nice.

You can do that using MapSource. right click on a track file and open properties.

For example...

Ok. The first program you should try is SportTracks. This is a great program for managing hikes, bikes, kayaks, runs, etc. Takes your track in .gpx format and puts it on a map, does some calculations of distance, time, average time, fastest and average pace, etc. Creates graphs such as elevation. Click on the elevation graph and is shows the spot on the track/map. Fun to play with. You can save the image of your track on various maps and satellite and export to google earth.

If you need to convert your track to .gpx format, use GPSBabel.

Edited by EScout

For example...

Ok. The first program you should try is SportTracks. This is a great program for managing hikes, bikes, kayaks, runs, etc. Takes your track in .gpx format and puts it on a map, does some calculations of distance, time, average time, fastest and average pace, etc. Creates graphs such as elevation. Click on the elevation graph and is shows the spot on the track/map. Fun to play with. You can save the image of your track on various maps and satellite and export to google earth.

If you need to convert your track to .gpx format, use GPSBabel.

Thanks, program looks interesting.