Cache Printer Friendly page problems

MaxB on the River

I had run into this problem before, but have finally figured out what triggers the printing error. Due to printing numerous caches for a road trip.

When a printer friendly page prints the map on a second page because of length. The top graphic with the information above the Short Description doesn't print at all. ie GC info, cache name, Coordinates, size, D/T, etc.

Using IE 7, laser printer.

Example caches are:

GCF1BC

GCJ2RF

Happens everytime the map prints on a sceond page.

The cache page prints just fine if you close the map or descriptions enough to pull the map back onto page 1.

Sure hope someones looks into this. It is really frustrating when you don't go paperless.

I periodically have this problem as well but I haven't tried narrowing it down to find the common factor until now. The problem occurs when a graphic - any graphic - is trying to print at the bottom of the page. I just tested using GC17P0E which is a cache page where the text is long enough that it goes to the second page. Everything prints fine. By collapsing text segments to get it so the map comes to the bottom of the first page/top of the second page, all of the cache header information disappears. For this cache if I print all segments everything works. If I collapse the Additional Hints, Attributes and Trackable Items segments the top of the cache page goes blank.

Nate - I can email screen shots if you would like to see them.