TB # posted on a Podcast from the cache-o-matics

Winnie_thePooh

My Tb number was listed on a pod cast with out my permission and numerous people logged it after viewing the pod cast. I asked that the number be removed. I took the TB out of circulation and would like to know how to put it into limbo or graveyard and should I delete the logs that came from the podcast? Please, don't jump on me. I just need some advice.

First thing to do is report it to contact@geocaching.com. Whoever listed your tracking number needs a trip to the woodshed.

If it were my bug I would contact every sadsack logger and explain the definition of virtual logging in no uncertain terms and then delete their post.

But that's just me.

Delete the logs. You don't have to explain why to anybody. If anyone complains refer them to gc.com or send them here.

If the logging and deleting is a hassle you can have someone from gc.com (like Eartha) lock the bug so that no one can log it. It can always be unlocked later after the whole thing dies down.

edit: was/were

Edited by BlueDeuce

TB # posted on a Podcast from the cache-o-matics, the pod cast name is false as not to draw attention to the pod casters web link.

On Dec 16, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Bonnie wrote:

> You posted this Travel Bug #------with out permission from me and

> I would like the # removed from your pod cast with Rattrak and

> Pinkratt. This is my Tb as I am the owner. I believe that one

> should see the Tb in person and not a virtual on a podcast. This

> has been discussed at length with ground speak and I have been

> given the right to stop this TB and have deleted all the logs from

> the podcast venue. I do not care what one thinks of my actions as

> it is my right as owner of the travel bug. Maybe next time you

> will get permission before you decide to post the # of a TB.

> Please post a disclaimer as to the Tb #.

While not a valid take down request, I assume that you are attempting

to assert your right as a copyright holder on the tracking number. I

have complied in removing the podcast and the entry to the page until

the new file is ready. It will take a few days to generate a new

version of the video file and until then the podcast file has been

removed. You request will be posted with the new podcast file and

blog entry.

Darryl Wattenberg

http://www.

This is my message and the response fron the podcast owner and may I ask what is with the copyright holder on the tracking #. I purchased the tracking # from ground speak and that entitles me to the ownership. and why was this not a valid request?....Just thought all would like to see what goes on in some peoples mind.

Just refer them to this thread (we'd be happy to talk to them), but apparently they are complying by removing the tracking number from the cast.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=94185

AND THIS MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

If you log a bogus virtual log on a TB, or offer your own TB up for virtual logging you will risk having that TB page locked forever. This means, if you never saw a bug, but got the bug number and you log it, that bug is in risk of being taken out of the game. Don't do this to TB owners who inadvertently might post a photo, or someone else posts a photo, of their TB number. Don't log it virtually. It's considered abuse of the system. And it's not fair play.

Edited by BlueDeuce

The travel bug is not useless at all. This is cyberspace, in a few days, or weeks, it will all be forgotten, and I'd send the bug back out.

I do think podcast, if they wish to teach people about caching, should be more responsible in what they show.

I don't watch podcasts, so if anyone sees them doing that again, they should send them a message. They'll realize it matters.

How did they get your #? I also wonder if this is a common practie of that site?

This was a human travel bug made for the FTF and the person was interviewed by the pod cast owners and they put the tb # on the pod cast with out asking my permission. I believe wholeheartedly that one should personally discover the TB and not gain by just seeing the # in a pod cast. I am to wounder why some want to be so deceitful as to their #'s be it TB, Coins or Caches. One would have to have personal knowledge of the pod cast owners to know how they function and I do have such knowledge.