Buying a PDA?

PopUpPirate

Probably the best caching PDA in terms of value vs quality is the popular Mio P350. For £160 or thereabouts, you get a Windows Mobile 6 caching device with a posh Sirf 3 GPS chip. And a car kit, and 2 chargers. Its 40quid less than its nearest rival.

However - Mio are now only selling it WITH MIO MAP. This puts the price up to that of its rivals (£200).

You can still get the P350 on its own from a few online places, but it has been discontinued. Not the device itself, just the device without the (unnecessary) bundle.

So... if you want a cheap, quality PDA, hurry up ;)

AFAIK the P550 (same + wifi + bluetooth + £60) is not affected.

I dropped my P350 and cracked the screen recently. I tried buying a replacement P350 a couple of weeks ago from globalpositioningsystems and they cancelled my order as it was discontinued. They said that the P350 was being replaced by the new P360 (Link here) although there is no release date or price as yet? Not sure whether to hang on for the new model or maybe buy a P350 later as the price should drop when the new model comes out...

In the meantime, I'm plodding on with me old mucker, the Mio 168 :anibad:

Probably the best caching PDA in terms of value vs quality is the popular Mio P350. For £160 or thereabouts, you get a Windows Mobile 6 caching device with a posh Sirf 3 GPS chip.

I didn't think the P350 was Windows Mobile 6 :anibad:

And if it is does that cause problems with MM, GPXSonar, Cachemate or any other caching software?

My P550 is Windows Mobile 5. I've no problem with MM and Cachemate. I paid the extra for the Wifi so I can sit in the free hotspots round the Island and surf to my hearts content.

I'd be an HTC TyTN II user if I had the cash to afford it and wanted a phone capability as well as everything the P550 does.

Cust.

My P550 is Windows Mobile 5. I've no problem with MM and Cachemate. I paid the extra for the Wifi so I can sit in the free hotspots round the Island and surf to my hearts content.

I'd be an HTC TyTN II user if I had the cash to afford it and wanted a phone capability as well as everything the P550 does.

Cust.

As is my Dell Axim....the query was about WM6 which Rutson and the PuP mentioned....I didn't even know it was out yet :anibad:

Both the P350 and P550 run with Mobile 5, the new P360 and P560 will roll out with Windows Mobile 6. I have read on the Memory Map forums that some people are running Memory Map on Mobile 6 OK, but not sure about cachemate.

What I've read about on the reviews for Mobile 6, is that there aren't that many differences from Mobile 5, so hopefully there won't be too many compatiblity issues ???

Until someone gets one though, we won't know for sure. :anibad: