** Status Bar errors only on Geocaching.com **

frisbee'r

I sent the following off to Contact@Groundspeak.com. I thought I'd submit this here as well

=================================

I don't know how long this has been going on but it needs attention. When I enter Geocaching.com, every option or screen selected is displayed and operates properly but in the status bar on the left hand side, a yellow triangle with an exclamation point is display with the words "Error on Page" or "Done, but with errors on page". Whatever screen is displayed, I then click on the status bar and the following error message is displayed:

[Problems with this web page might prevent is from being displayed properly

or functioning properly. In the future you can display this message by double

clicking the warning icon display in the status bar]

For example, when I enter [My Account] and click on the status bar and receive the above message, I then click on {Show Details} button and the following is displayed........

Line: 2946

Char: 25

Error: object expected

Code: 0

URL: http://www.geocaching.com/My/

Whatever screen I'm into, I can click on the status bar and the same information displays EXCEPT the line number changes and the URL screen info after .com.

A good comparison:

When entering [Hide & Seek a cache] and clicking on the status bar and {Show Details}, the following is displayed:

Line: 593

Char: 25

Error: Object expected

Code: 0

URL: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/

No other website has this problem that I've noticed. I have three dual-core computers running Windows XP SP2 and I.E. Version 7.0.5730.13. I do a lot of research and now that I'm keeping track, the error is associated only Geocaching.com. I'm curious as to whether you'll process this message/concern. How will I know whether you've received and can confirm it?

**** Final Update **** 11/22/07 ****

I received a quick response from someone within Contact@Groundspeak.com that it is not occurring to their machine. I was asked to pursue this further by going outside my network. I have now (11/22/07) visited two other geocacher's home machines and had the identical problem. In those cases they were not aware of it as it's so innocuously displayed at the bottom of the geocaching page. I confirmed it with two businesses as well. I polled 12 cachers from western Washington State and 5 of 12 report the error. The last responder to this issue mentioned that the status line can be suppressed in I.E. I did not pursue whether the status line option was checked with the 12. One user mentioned that it is occurring on I.E. but not Opera or Firefox. I have no experience with these. A system's programmer for a very large network confirmed the error and mentioned a Java scripting problem. That's out of my league.

I'm going to post the issue on the GSAK forum as these folks are very active. I'll probably leave it at that since I'm not experiencing any functionality or navigation problems with Geocaching.com, just an annoying error message. Something is broken and it can be duplicated so there is hope.