Extra Geocoins for Trade?

Nochipra

Does anyone have any coins they always purchase to use as tradables? Are there certain coins that you have found that make really good trades and you have bought a bunch or do you just keep getting extras of the new coins that come out? I have a certain somewhat new coin I think I will purchase more of because there were such good trade items. We will also be having our first coin made and will get some coins in return that I plan to use as tradables too as well as the poker project coins we will be getting. I was just curious how other deal with tradables?

This is something of a quandry

If a particular coin is popular, but still readily available, many people would just go ahead and buy it from the source (as opposed to trade with you)

On the other hand, if you can predict what coins will become popular, and buy a bunch before they sell out, then you are wasting your talents fiddling with geocoins - head for the stock market, dog/horse track, and/or lottery ticket seller

But, seriously . . .

If you find something that you like, go ahead and get an extra one (or few)

Chances are, you will find someone with a similar taste, who probably has a coin that you would like to trade for, and vice-versa

And, if you don't manage to trade it, at least it will be a coin that you like that lingers in your possession

Does anyone have any coins they always purchase to use as tradables?

When I purchase geocoins I usally by 1 for my collection, 1 to set free and 1 for trade.

Are there certain coins that you have found that make really good trades and you have bought a bunch or do you just keep getting extras of the new coins that come out?

Its hard to tell if a coin will become more deisrable for trades. If you buy a coin and it sells out quick then it will be more sought after. Coins in a series are a little easier to tell ahead of time, ie Tiki coins.