New member help. How to export into a usable file.

rrpruett

O.K I purchased my 60 Csx and bought City Nav 2008 NT and loaded it on the GPS. I joined this website and became a premium member, I downloaded GSAK and got it working and downloaded a pocket query in the GPX format, for some of the caches around my location and loaded them into my GPS. I can see all the locations on my GPS and I also loaded them back to my City Nav software on my computer.

My problem is, how do I save all the details that I see in GSAK and on the website into some file that I can read on my cell phone (BlackJack) or some hand held PC like the HP’s. It runs pocket PC. I would like to be able to download all the info into a Word file with all the same detail that I see on the web or in GSAK. How can I export them into a usable file that I can take with me when hunting.

I tried to export into a couple of formats but it did not work well. Also do I have to export each Cache separate or can I export all of them at one time into one large file?

Any help would be great.

O.K I purchased my 60 Csx and bought City Nav 2008 NT and loaded it on the GPS. I joined this website and became a premium member, I downloaded GSAK and got it working and downloaded a pocket query in the GPX format, for some of the caches around my location and loaded them into my GPS. I can see all the locations on my GPS and I also loaded them back to my City Nav software on my computer.

My problem is, how do I save all the details that I see in GSAK and on the website into some file that I can read on my cell phone (BlackJack) or some hand held PC like the HP’s. It runs pocket PC. I would like to be able to download all the info into a Word file with all the same detail that I see on the web or in GSAK. How can I export them into a usable file that I can take with me when hunting.

I tried to export into a couple of formats but it did not work well. Also do I have to export each Cache separate or can I export all of them at one time into one large file?

Any help would be great.

You can use an application like Cachemate or GPX Sonar that can read the GPX file directly on your Pocket PC device or you can use GSAK to export the caches pages to a folder of HTML files that you can read with the Browser on your phone or Pocket PC.

From GSAK I export to HTML files. I then copy those (in one directory) to my phone. On my phone I use IE to view the HTML pages. I create a 'favorites' link that links to the directory and index.htm page.

This works great as they can be indexed in a number of ways.

Thanks I will give that a try

Rick

Any help would be great.

Here's something I wrote, web based. It converts your gpx file into a pdf file:

http://www.ligeocaching.org/gpxpdf

Get GPXSonar (free) for your PPC - it will show all of the cache details and last 5 logs in a format very similar to what you see in the online pages (minus graphics). That is what I use on my Dell Axim. No conversions for transformations needed - just drop the GPX file onto your unit and open it.