Garmin 60csx - city nav and topo maps on the same card?

jeeperaz

I've recently purchased a 60csx and have a question about the mapping software/storage/upload.

I have a pre-programmed SD card that has TOPO US (Mountain West-South) on it. I also have City Navigator on DVD.

My question is, how can I load the Arizona topo's from the SD card and the Arizona city maps from the DVD to the same SD card (preferably the one that came with the unit if it's big enough)? Currently I have the city maps properly loaded to the 'stock' SD card but then have to switch over to the other SD card when I want to view at topo level detail. Would like to just carry one card.

Hope that question makes sense.

Regards,

Lars

I am in Costa Rica and I was just talking to people in a business here in San Jose today and they said I could load both if there was enough memory.

When you said you need both softwares on DVD, do you mean on the same DVD or on two different DVDs?

I have Costa Rica road software and am thinking of buying the topo maps too.

Thanks.

David

Well, I called Garmin and got my answser... no way to do what I wanted.

I need both softwares to be on DVD in order to load them to the same SD card.

Well, I called Garmin and got my answser... no way to do what I wanted.

I need both softwares to be on DVD in order to load them to the same SD card.

Luckly, the Topo map is cheeper (respectfully to the City Navigator). I know the City Navigator only allows two GPS units it load per DVD but I don't believe the Topo DVD has a limit. If that is correct, you could get one used and for less.

Once you get both maps on DVD, you'll be able to load about half the US City Navigator AND a bunch of Topo maps onto a single micro SD card. :)