Magellan

Cswercko

this topic would be better suited for the toys section of the forums but...

I own 2 Magellans and I cannot directly download to the units. I have to run everything thru a conversion manager first. Not a big deal since I am a PM and can pre select download criteria.

There is a way to do what you want I'm sure but, with the membership, you can do so much so much faster.

Do you really want to do it one at a time?

It's a format thing. You have to convert any way, so why not do 500 instead of 5?

this topic would be better suited for the toys section of the forums but...

I own 2 Magellans and I cannot directly download to the units. I have to run everything thru a conversion manager first. Not a big deal since I am a PM and can pre select download criteria.

There is a way to do what you want I'm sure but, with the membership, you can do so much so much faster.

Do you really want to do it one at a time?

It's a format thing. You have to convert any way, so why not do 500 instead of 5?

I am a newbie, and just wanted to try one as a test. Once I get the hang of it I will convert 500 instead of 5.

Converting will not be a problem, I just saw download to the unit on the menu of choices.

If I become a Premium Member, will I be able to click the choice to D/Load directly to my GPS or does that only work for Garmin GPS units? :ph34r:

The download directly from the cache page only works for Garmin units . . . but for the past week or so, that hasn't been working correctly, even for Garmin GPSrs. :surprise:

When you become a Premium Member, you will be able to create Pocket Queries, which are files containing as many as 500 caches, that are emailed to you.

Then you can use a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to filter, slice, and dice the data before Exporting in the correct format for your Magellan GPSr, or MapSend maps.

GSAK also converts the data in the correct format for your PDA, if you have one already, so you can cache "paperless." ;)

If I become a Premium Member, will I be able to click the choice to D/Load directly to my GPS or does that only work for Garmin GPS units? :P

The download directly from the cache page only works for Garmin units . . . but for the past week or so, that hasn't been working correctly, even for Garmin GPSrs. :blink:

When you become a Premium Member, you will be able to create Pocket Queries, which are files containing as many as 500 caches, that are emailed to you.

Then you can use a program like GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to filter, slice, and dice the data before Exporting in the correct format for your Magellan GPSr, or MapSend maps.

GSAK also converts the data in the correct format for your PDA, if you have one already, so you can cache "paperless." :blink:

Actually you can go paperless without GSAK or pda using geocache manager. A lot of people don't seem to like it, but being as lazy as I am I want to do as little work as possible. You will not get previous logs or the cache page, but since I actually read stuff before I download a cache that never hurts me.

download to the unit from the cache page?

gotta be converted.

it's a pain at first but the unit requires it.

yours came with a conversion manager didn't it?

Yes it does, I have not received it yet. It is supposed to be here Tues. Oct 23rd.

Thanks for the reply.

If I become a Premium Member, will I be able to click the choice to D/Load directly to my GPS or does that only work for Garmin GPS units? :P

The download directly from the cache page only works for Garmin units . . . but for the past week or so, that hasn't been working correctly, even for Garmin GPSrs. :blink:

GSAK also converts the data in the correct format for your PDA, if you have one already, so you can cache "paperless." :blink:

Yes I do have a Win Mobile 5 PDA, I might give that a try. Thanks