Coin gevonden

Cache Team

We hebben een coin gevonden in een cache. Toen ik de coin aangemeld had bleek dat er een typefout in de tekst zat. Heb ik de log verwijderd en nu kan ik niet meer opnieuw loggen. Hoe krijg ik nu toch weer een log in die lijst met de melding dat wij die coin gevonden hebben? Hij staat dus wel in onze inventaris maar niet in ons profiel? RaRa! ;)

Since I don't read Dutch, thought I'd run this through Babblefish. Here's what the above post reads:

We found a coin in a cache. When I the coin presented had pale that it a type mistake in the text drunkenly. I removed the log and now I can have no longer again logs. How get I now really again an unwieldy in that list with the report that we that coin found have? Does he not stand thus well in our inventory only in our profile?

Here is the translation I got but still can't figure out what they are asking.

We found a coin in a cache. When I the coin presented had pale that it a type mistake in the text drunkenly. I removed the log and now I can have no longer again logs. How get I now really again an unwieldy in that list with the report that we that coin found have? Does he not stand thus well in our inventory only in our profile? RaRa!

Great site to use for translation: http://www.freetranslation.com/

Maybe this is what he is asking?

I found a coin in a cache. When trying to log it I mistakenly typed the wrong thing/code. I then deleted that log as I had made a mistake but can no longer log the coin. How do I show that I found the coin? Shouldn't it show in our inventory under our profile?

Maybe this is what he is asking?

I found a coin in a cache. When trying to log it I mistakenly typed the wrong thing/code. I then deleted that log as I had made a mistake but can no longer log the coin. How do I show that I found the coin? Shouldn't it show in our inventory under our profile?

Almost ;)

They have found a coin in cache, logged it, noticed a mistake in the text and deleted the log. Now they can't log the coin again. It does show up in their inventory but not in their trackables stats.

I would drop the coin in the cache where I took it from by placing a note and then retrieve it again. Seems the most logical solution...

In Dutch:

De coin weer in de cache plaatsen waar je hem vandaan hebt d.m.v. een note en dan opnieuw eruithalen. En volgende keer je originele log gewoon bewerken :ph34r: Rechts in je log staat een linkje 'Visit log', daarop klikken. Op de nieuwe pagina staat een knop 'Edit log'.

Succes ermee !

We hebben trouwens ook een Nederlands forum :huh: : http://forum.geocaching.nl/

Edited by KarelKraak

Woo, Bert to the rescue :santa: I'm taking my dutch lessons from you buddy!

Does that include the Dutch oven event coin?

The Dutch oven event coin? Did we had one? We had only a few events with coins and i don't recall a 'Oven event'. Which one do you mean?

- GME 2007

- MZLE 2007

- Pofferjes event 2007

- Geocoinfest 2007

OK, lesson 1 in Dutch: try to say on loud:

'Gezellig met z'n allen naar Scheveningen'

Good luck,

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :laughing:

The Dutch oven event coin? Did we had one? We had only a few events with coins and i don't recall a 'Oven event'. Which one do you mean?

- GME 2007

- MZLE 2007

- Pofferjes event 2007

- Geocoinfest 2007

Dutch Oven events are not Dutch events, they are events with the "Dutch Oven" theme. I'm actually not sure what a Dutch oven is (well, I do know one meaning of it and it involves lying in bed, and I do hope it's not how food is prepared at these events). Maybe it's some type of barbecue? It's probably another part of the heritage of the Dutch-English wars in the 1600's, which led the English to introduce some 'funny' references to the Dutch, like Dutch courage (the Dutch are only brave when they'r drunk) and Dutch treat (which is no treat at all, everyone pays for themselves).

Katja - I'm Dutch too, but I've escaped :laughing:

Edited by kdv

Two definitions of "dutch oven", found via Google -

A large, heavy pot or kettle, usually of cast iron and with a tight lid, used for slow cooking.

A heavy cooking pot, usually of cast iron or enamel-on-iron, with a heavy cover.

We use to make these in Scouts. (At least i think it was a dutch oven)

Build a good fire and let it burn down to large embers. Place a small iron drum sideways over the hot coals, but your food inside, put the lid (or similar) back on the drum and cover the whole lot with soil. Very tasty.