Search Criteria: Difficulty

Chark

I honestly don't make it into the forums much so I apologize if this post duplicates another. I am curious to know if it would be possible to modify / filter searches to only display certain difficulty levels?

I am not one that likes to see how many caches I can log, more so, I prefer the ones that are hard to get to, unique to find (a rock in a rock garden is not my idea of hard, it's just annoying) so I prefer to find caches that are in the 3 & up range just so I can have a fun adventure. They are becoming few and far in between so I am wondering if it is possible to filter these out?

Is this already an option?

Thanks for all those out there placing caches so we can have fun - I REALLY appreciate your efforts!

~Chark

Premium members have the ability to filter and sort caches based on quite a few criteria, including difficulty and terrain ratings. You can either order a pocket query that only includes caches that meet your criteria, or you can use third party software to further refine the pocket query data.

Yup . . . Pocket Queries are the answer. If you are going on a Road Trip, you can request a PQ for caches that are easy with low Terrain ratings. If you only want to get the hiking caches in your area, you can set the PQ to return just the caches with a Terrain rating of '2' and above. The only problem with this is that some of the oldest, and best, caches have Terrain ratings of '1' because ratings didn't exist back then. :blink:

If you get all your local caches in PQs and use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to filter, slice, and dice the data, you can choose just the caches you want to fit your cache adventure goals. GSAK has a column for when the caches were placed so you can get those old hiking caches that still have low Terrain ratings.