Any AutoCAD users out there

cad-guy

I have a small route in a park of a bike trail approx 10 miles long in an autocad dwg. It is in Arkansas state plane coords. I am wanting to somehow get this data into my garmin legend. Any of you software gurus ever done this? Would you mind giving me some pointers? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MKH

Well...Probably not.

But you can use AutoCad to export key points (in state plane coords) that define your trail.

You should be able to import (somehow...) those points into another program that can ultimatly be imported into the Garmin software. Then use the points to create a route that will be uploaded to your GPS.

You may also get stuck using Cut and Paste on the points to create your route.

If your Garmin software doesn't support state plane...use autocate to make the translation to something the Garmin software does support before you export.

I have a small route in a park of a bike trail approx 10 miles long in an autocad dwg. It is in Arkansas state plane coords. I am wanting to somehow get this data into my garmin legend. Any of you software gurus ever done this? Would you mind giving me some pointers? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MKH

I used corpscon for OR State Plane conversion once. http://crunch.tec.army.mil/software/corpscon/corpscon.html

I used to do a lot of Acad work so you made me curious. I googled "dxf gpx" and came up with: http://www.gpsu.co.uk/ It looks like it does dxf and some state planes.