.LOC files

Sirrus123

I'm not familiar with Magellan products, but I don't think you can directly upload .loc files. You will need Magellan's mapping software or a third-party software such as EasyGPS or GSAK. Try EasyGPS first as it is very user-friendly. GSAK is for advance users.

As Miragee implied, there are better GPS units on the market. The prices are also very competitive. My wife paid $325 for an Etrex Vista four years ago. It has a black and white screen and, I think, 28mb internal memory. I recently upgraded to an Etrex Vista HCx for $237. What a difference! It has a color screen; auto-routing capability, faster processor; highly improved sensitivity chip; external memory card; and other creature comforts such as a calculator and alarm.

Also, take note if the SportMap has serial or USB connection as most computers today no longer have a serial port, although you can buy software and conversion cable. But, you will need a cable to download waypoints.