Code? to Unlock Trip & Waypoint Manager

Artcollide

Trip & Waypoint Manager software came with my GPS60CSx. After downloading to my PC, I find out it’s useless. I have to have a code to unlock it. That’s kinda irritating. Is this software worth using? I don’t even know how much the code costs. Right now I am learning the GSAK and Cachemate software. Gosh, when do I get to have some fun? Anybody use this? :)

Trip & Waypoint Manager software came with my GPS60CSx. After downloading to my PC, I find out it’s useless. I have to have a code to unlock it. That’s kinda irritating. Is this software worth using? I don’t even know how much the code costs. Right now I am learning the GSAK and Cachemate software. Gosh, when do I get to have some fun? Anybody use this? :)

AFAIK, only maps require an unlock code. Trip & Waypoint Manager is just the MapSource interface, without any maps.

If a code is required, it should be included with the disc.

The Trip and Waypoint Manager that comes with your unit is for use on your computer. You can add additional maps (which need to be unlocked) that can be sent to your GPSr.

Oh. Then I just have the Waypoint Manager and no additional maps therefore I don't need a code. I wasn't sure what I had. Now I know. Thanks :ph34r:

I think if I remember correctly when you register your gpsr Garmin will email you the unlock code .

OMG I hear you on the fun part . I was having fun up until I found out about the software that everyone is using .So to be one of the guys I started trying and buying software to make a fun easy thing like hunting co_ords complicated and confusing . I put in the corodinates and start walking . I have found 2 out of 6 caches .So my method is not working to well by I am having fun .

Good luck.

PS there are some very helpful people out there that helped me a great deal .

Trip & Waypoint Manager software came with my GPS60CSx. After downloading to my PC, I find out it’s useless. I have to have a code to unlock it. That’s kinda irritating. Is this software worth using? I don’t even know how much the code costs. Right now I am learning the GSAK and Cachemate software. Gosh, when do I get to have some fun? Anybody use this? :ph34r:

I think if I remember correctly when you register your gpsr Garmin will email you the unlock code .

OMG I hear you on the fun part . I was having fun up until I found out about the software that everyone is using .So to be one of the guys I started trying and buying software to make a fun easy thing like hunting co_ords complicated and confusing . I put in the corodinates and start walking . I have found 2 out of 6 caches .So my method is not working to well by I am having fun .

Good luck.

PS there are some very helpful people out there that helped me a great deal .

I don't know what I don't know. :o I did get an email from Garmin thanking me for registering my eTrex Legend (not!!) with a code entitling me to get a whopping 10% off accessories and maps at buy garmin. com. I called customer service because after typing in my serial number it came up with the eTrex Legend. The guy asked my name and serial number and put me on hold. For a minute I started to see bars :( I had bought my gps online and was wondering if it was stolen and the serial number came off a legend? Tee hee :( He told me that the serial number was definitely for the 60CSx. So it looks like I'm not going to jail and I get to keep my new toy! Yipee :ph34r:

You say you finally want to hit the road and start cachen.

If I were you, I started learn how to use my garmin device: putting in coordinates (mark) and bring me to them (find).

Start with a paper print of the cache. All the rest (gsak, cachemate,...) are nice to have's which you can read during evenings after you logged your finds.